• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some one needs to buy this Spencer Hart on ebay

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
How much tailoring would I need to do if I wear a 35-36 short? Would it even be worth it?

the sleeves are basted so you'll need to have a tailor adjust and attach the buttons. If you go with functional cuffs that would add about $80 + $20 to shorten the sleeve..if you just sew them on (non functional) then maybe $25 total to shorten and sew buttons

If you shorten the jacket then that might be another $30-50 depending on your tailor. And depending on how much you need shortening, it might throw off the pocket position and not be possible.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
the sleeves are basted so you'll need to have a tailor adjust and attach the buttons. If you go with functional cuffs that would add about $80 + $20 to shorten the sleeve..if you just sew them on (non functional) then maybe $25 total to shorten and sew buttons

If you shorten the jacket then that might be another $30-50 depending on your tailor. And depending on how much you need shortening, it might throw off the pocket position and not be possible.

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Not much, I think; this cut looks generally short-jacketed and slim, á la TaT, Sacque or Thom Browne. Should make a very good basis for alterations. If you want a slightly more generous cut than intended from the designer, you might just get away with small adjustments + finishing the sleeves and trouser hems.

Thanks. Seems pretty reasonable - debating if I should pull the trigger.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome looking suit. I would definitely bid if it were my size

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on some of your comments on the tailoring, it seems this would fit me quite well with minimal adjustments.

However, I don't want to take something away from someone else here (or go to war over it), and I'm also a bit put off by the refusal to take PayPal or credit card.

I generally regard non-secure payment options with suspicion. What do you all think?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought many items from her and you shouldn't feel concerned at all. She's a great seller

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Bought many items from her and you shouldn't feel concerned at all. She's a great seller

+ 1. Same here, despite the lack of paypal incovenience.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

quevola, are you looking to buy?

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorian
Based on some of your comments on the tailoring, it seems this would fit me quite well with minimal adjustments.

However, I don't want to take something away from someone else here (or go to war over it), and I'm also a bit put off by the refusal to take PayPal or credit card.

I generally regard non-secure payment options with suspicion. What do you all think?

Please don't let me keep you from bidding on it. I've decided not to go for it at this time. It would be great if someone on this forum wins it.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dang. that wasn't the way this was supposed to work.
smile.gif
[edit] Done. Now to see if there are any ebay lurkers...

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah....
two others jumped in in the last minute. Sheesh, the nerve!

Ah, well. Anyone have any good links to a general description of Spencer Hart? Good stuff?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads