some of you guys will admire this style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ZON_JR, May 12, 2009.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

For centuries , poor nobles have been taking for spouses the daughters of some rich merchants or industrialists to maintain their castles....Redorer le blason...
    That was a win win situation..The nouveaux-riches were getting their foot in higher society ,a title "Von or De" and the Nobles were getting their maintenance money to subsidize their way of life..
    Nowadays , the glass ceiling have been perforated even further by dodgy characters bringing shame of these lovely little arrangements..

2. presence

presence Senior member

The person who initiated this thread is secretly jealous of this individual.

3. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Im not jealous of him per se but who couldnt fail to be jealous of his posessions especially the one second from the left in the first picture !!!

4. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

For centuries , poor nobles have been taking for spouses the daughters of some rich merchants or industrialists to maintain their castles....Redorer le blason...
    That was a win win situation..The nouveaux-riches were getting their foot in higher society ,a title "Von or De" and the Nobles were getting their maintenance money to subsidize their way of life..
    Nowadays , the glass ceiling have been perforated even further by dodgy characters bringing shame of these lovely little arrangements..

If there still was a monarchy, they would, chose someone who is at least not that extensively vomit inducing.
    Marie Auguste was working most of her life and had nothing horrendous to maintain btw. she just chose to adopt ZsaZsa's later husband when her own son died and she was in danger of total deplention.

However, you didn't get the irony from my first post or you are an extremely sincere person [​IMG] .

5. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Whatever style that guys got seems to attract very nicely endowed women

I don't think it's his style that attracts the women, but rather his bank balance.

6. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Another question; what sort of person sells their title like that? Just curious.

7. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Another question; what sort of person sells their title like that? Just curious.

A Skint One !!!!

8. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

If people need money for decent food and to maintain an average stadard of living, not huge amounts of cash to maintain a vast estates and lots of vallets etc., they will sell anything to anyone.
    As I said the "first generation seller" in this story was Marie Auguste of Anhalt she was over 80 years old when she found herself impoverished.
    The deal between her and "Prince FrÃ[​IMG][​IMG]ric" (the man who adopted the asshole guy) was arranged by the notorious Counsel Weyer, who made millions by sellling titles, both of aristocratic and dimplomatic kind.
    Counsel Weyer is also an Earl of Yorck, you may guess that he wasn't born as one...
    The man Marie Auguste adopted was vulgar anyway, so I don't wonder that he adopted that brothel-guy who seems even more vulgar.
    The real von Anhalt family is of course rather disgusted that those people associated with them.

9. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

I am secretly jealous of everyone. But because you tried to insult me, here's more that I'm jealous of: http://gawker.com/5251103/prince-mar...llery-of-glory

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

If I have to inherite a title , I would have been a Grimaldi...
    Living on the Riviera surrounded by the rich and famous will be my dreams..

11. Sebastian

Sebastian Senior member

If I have to inherite a title , I would have been a Grimaldi...
    Living on the Riviera surrounded by the rich and famous will be my dreams..

It's not only your dream, I guess... [​IMG]

12. Cas Ruffin

Cas Ruffin Senior member

13. PocketTriangle

PocketTriangle Member

I always wondered if money could buy class. I guess now I know the answer is no.

14. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

15. GQDerek

GQDerek Well-Known Member