1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Some non-traditional footwear choices with jeans, comments?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drizzt3117, Sep 27, 2006.

1. j

j Senior member Admin

Those Guccis are fugly. The bicycle seams... I don't know what to say. No offense, but burn them now.

The boots are too delicate IMO. (I really don't like bal boots anyway, but these aren't as Victorian-woman looking as a lot of them) They won't look like the Alden commando boots, they will look like very dressy delicate dress shoes. However, a heavier duty blucher boot or wingtip boot might look great. I like my EG black wingtip boots with jeans, but they have to be the right jeans, and non-black would look better IMO.

The top ones would work, but not for an adult IMO. If you walk around smoking a joint all the time, maybe.

I don't think captoe shoes should ever be worn with jeans. Wingtips or wholecuts/plain toes work much better for that sort of thing IMO. The monks might fly, but they'd be better with a plain toe.

2. Jared

Jared Senior member

Does anyone think there's a difference between wearing balmoral and blucher wingtips with jeans?

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Does anyone think there's a difference between wearing balmoral and blucher wingtips with jeans?

imo Bluchers look better with jeans. they come off as less formal and more in sync with jean vibe.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I have the John Lobb plaintoe medallion boots in black. They are FAR too delicate, shiny and formal to be worn with jeans.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

imo Bluchers look better with jeans. they come off as less formal and more in sync with jean vibe.
    I agree. Bluchers, boots (including chelsea), or shell cordovan penny loafers. (Shell cordovan can be a good look because it is a heaftier hide.)

6. watchman

watchman Active Member

wallies look great with slimmer jeans. looser cuts just swallow them though

7. coiol

coiol Well-Known Member

I think the monks and the ankle boots would look great. The captoes would probably be ok too, and I'd have to see the loafers since it's kind of hard to picture it in my head. I don't like the first boots at all, but I wouldn't like them in any situation.

8. Jared

Jared Senior member

I'm looking for shoes to wear with jeans and unstructured khakis during the summer. All my winter shoes are dark brown or black so they feel out of place in the summer. I usually wear short-sleeve button-up shirts or a linen sporcoat over t-shirts, so sneakers are too casual. But I think dirty bucks or white wingtips (never mind white loafers) are too dressy to wear every day. Any ideas for shoes that fit that niche? (And will I have to worry about indigo?)

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

I'm looking for shoes to wear with jeans and unstructured khakis during the summer. All my winter shoes are dark brown or black so they feel out of place in the summer. I usually wear short-sleeve button-up shirts or a linen sporcoat over t-shirts, so sneakers are too casual. But I think dirty bucks or white wingtips (never mind white loafers) are too dressy to wear every day. Any ideas for shoes that fit that niche? (And will I have to worry about indigo?)

I wear shell cordovan penny loafers, blucher wingtips if the jeans or khakis have wide legs, and chelsea boots. Monkstraps work with my dressier khakis (i.e. those that hold a crease) and I sometimes wear them with jeans. But take my advice with a pound of salt, since I'm not a master of streetwear.

10. Jared

Jared Senior member

I wear shell cordovan penny loafers, blucher wingtips if the jeans or khakis have wide legs, and chelsea boots. Monkstraps work with my dressier khakis (i.e. those that hold a crease) and I sometimes wear them with jeans. But take my advice with a pound of salt, since I'm not a master of streetwear.
    Would you wear the loafers without shoes? Are some of those other shoes in a light shade of brown? Thanks for the rundown, but none of those are very summery options. [​IMG]