1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Some new apartment pics...

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by itsstillmatt, Jun 13, 2007.

1. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

[​IMG]

You mean you don't like this?

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

You mean you don't like this?

Wow, I must have said something really interesting [​IMG] [​IMG]

No, I would not live in a house like that, and I do find almost all houses I see unbearably cluttered and tacky. Living an a minimal space is a state of mind. Either you find it relaxing, or you find it frigid. It is not only an aesthetic choice.

4. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

No, I would not live in a house like that, and I do find almost all houses I see unbearably cluttered and tacky. Living an a minimal space is a state of mind. Either you find it relaxing, or you find it frigid. It is not only an aesthetic choice.

Ha hah. I can imagine what you said from the comments that proceeded.

I find most houses cluttered/tacky as well........I hate clutter and my dwelling would probably be considered 'minimalist' by most standards as well. Either way, I think there is a fine line between modern/minimalist decor and coming across like you basically ran out of decorating money. Maybe it's because all the walls are so bare or because there doesn't seem to be any rugs, etc. Either way, I enjoyed the pics; you have some great pieces.

5. itsstillmatt

Just to be clear, you think that there are no rugs because there is only one in the first picture, one in the second picture and one in the third/fourth which is all of one room?

And on artwork, you are probably referring to the sliding glass door in the first picture, the bookshelf in the second and the six pieces combined in the third and fourth. Perhaps glasses would be in order.

As far as your other comments, they are so retarded as to be laughable.

6. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Just to be clear, you think that there are no rugs because there is only one in the first picture, one in the second picture and one in the third/fourth which is all of one room?

And on artwork, you are probably referring to the sliding glass door in the first picture, the bookshelf in the second and the six pieces combined in the third and fourth. Perhaps glasses would be in order.

As far as your other comments, they are so retarded as to be laughable.

God. What a dick.

Firstly, if you'd like me to be more specific, I was mostly referring to the empty wall space above and around your fireplace, as well as the bare-ass floor space in your hallway and around your large couch, etc.

Secondly, I didn't make any additional 'comments' other than the fact that I didn't like your setup very much, which you so maturely responded to, as seen above. Thirdly, when you post pictures of your house on a public forum, surely you must be expecting/inviting some form of commentary. If you sincerely find light-hearted critiques that offensive, then you have problems. Why didn't you just start your post with "Here's my house; please don't comment, only observe; if you do feel compelled to comment, please be sure to make the comment positive/praising, lest my horribly fragile ego be maimed." Lastly, go fuck yourself. Pompous ass.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Sort of like most museums.

8. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Not my taste. It doesnt seem lived in enough. But I still think its beautifully done, well manicured, and I definitely appreciate the aesthetic. I'd give you a bj if you brought me over. JK.

9. calvin1663

calvin1663 Senior member

it looks pretty cool...I don't think I could live in an apartment like that, I fear that I'd get bored with it...maybe because I've lived in more traditional houses my entire life? Anyways, looks cool!

10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I like it all except for the kitchen. It resembles a crematorium.

11. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

12. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Are you kidding? That stove is a one-off handmade 1840's cold fusion-powered Viking given to him by Rock Hudson??!?!???! If you don't like it, you're clearly an asshole.

Relax dude. He called you retarded, that ain't that bad.

13. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Relax dude. He called you retarded, that ain't that bad.
    I'm just baffled that a member whose been around these boards as often as him would have the nerve to get pissy because someone kindly remarked that they didn't like his house..........oh, and he also said that I needed glasses. I think I was more offended by that. Do I need glasses? Maybe I already wear glasses? Who played King Arthur in the Darfur Theatre's 50th anniversary commemorative festival? Shit.

14. itsstillmatt

15. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Who played King Arthur in the Darfur Theatre's 50th anniversary commemorative festival? Shit.

What does this mean?

16. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Rock Hudson gave you a stove? Impressive.

17. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

Don't listen to anyone who tells you the place is too "cold" or whatever. If anything it's not imposing enough. And forget painting the walls, that shit is for cavemen.

18. Matt

Matt Senior member

my new house is pretty big, so its still a little spartan, but there are pics here if anyone is interested.

19. EL72

EL72 Senior member

my new house is pretty big, so its still a little spartan, but there are pics here if anyone is interested.

Nice pool table!!

20. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

There are pleny of "arts" in this apartment, it's just subdued and it doesn't come off as big-ass flashy paintings on walls. As far as I can see, the owner has more interest in sculptures and three-dimension, protruding pieces.
    The bookshelves and its echo you find on the living room walls is slightly ironic and brings unity.
    My only complain would be the fetish with accent chairs, I think there are too many of them (bird, rive droite, egg, knot, felt...) and I would have liked the tato stools in different colours than b&w.

!luc