• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Items for Sale - Many Sizes

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the unfortunate incident involving ebay, and their lack of speed in their replies, I need to sell some items so that I can eat and buy books this week. I know that some items are wrinkled and I will steam/iron them before shipping, so please excuse that. Also, feel free to PM me for additional pics, questions, offers, or measurements. First up is a sharp Belvest sport coat. Tagged size is Euro 54L, could also work for a Eu54R - check the measurements. I cannot tell if the blazer is really dark gray or black, but it certainly does not have that stark, empty look that typical black suits/jackets have. I think this is due in part to the extremely luxurious fabric, which is a 3-season wool/cashmere blend with a fantastic hand, really has a nice depth to it. All the usual details of high-end garments are found on this jacket - pick stitching, silk herringbone lining, fully-canvassed construction. Made in Italy. Jacket has laquered metal buttons with 'B' logo, and spare buttons enclosed in a bag. A tailor could switch these out for horn or standard brass buttons if you desire. Jacket is in excellent shape, save for one faint 1/6" spot on the lapel where the fibers seem to be matted down for some reason - not sure if a tailor can do anything to 'brush' them back up. Looking for $100 shipped in the US. Now $85 shipped. 46" chest, 20.5" shoulders, 24.5" from shoulder seam to end of sleeve, 32.25" length.
Belvest1.jpg
Belvest2.jpg
Belvest3.jpg
Belvest4.jpg
Great pair of Polo (from the Golf line, though I would say quality is about the same as RL Blue Label) 100% cotton corduroy slacks in a perfect shade of sherbert orange. These are great for spring, and I could see them worn with a sky blue shirt, tan coat (with a blue windowpane perhaps), and brown suede shoes. Standard cut, tab front, tagged size 36 and measure 37x28 (37x29.5 due to the longer rise) with about 1" to let out. Note there is some red thread showing in dots along the hem, not sure why, but not real noticable. $25 shipped. Now $20 shipped.
RLOrangeFront.jpg
RLOrangeFold.jpg
Next up is a great Brooks Brothers 44R beige sport coat with faint blue windowpane. Tag has been clipped, but feels like perhaps a linen/silk blend, or wool/linen/silk. Very light and fine, with a great texture to it. Two button, single vent. $36 shipped in the US. Now $25 shipped. Measures 46" chest, 20" shoulder, 25" sleeve, and 31" length.
bbtanfront.jpg
bbtanfabric.jpg
NWT Escada silk tie, really nice tie for a 'Designer' name. Silk is very soft, and decently heavy. Black and royal blue woven design. Retail price was around $130-140 I believe, I'm asking $28 shipped. Note there are a few loose silk strands near the tip of the tie which can be clipped. Made in Italy Now $24 shipped.
escada1.jpg
escada2.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TM Lewin shirt, 15x34. Spread collar, French cuffs, split yoke. White with blue check pattern. $20 shipped in the US. Now $15 shipped. Chest: 43" around, under arms Sleeves: 34.5" from middle of neck to end of sleeve Collar: 14.75" around
Lewin1.jpg
Lewin2.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two ties for sale. $12 shipped each. One is a fun Brooks Brothers with a Hermes-esque equestrian print. Chocolate brown printed silk, made in USA. 3.75" wide. The second is 100% lambswool from Scotland, made in USA. Vintage - no maker's label. Nice lighter gray color, perfect for fall with a heavier sportcoat. 3" wide. Good condition for a vintage item.
tiesone.jpg
tiestwo.jpg
Wool tie sold, BB tie now $9 shipped

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NWT $495 Hart Schaffner Marx sport coat, size 40R. This coat is a very rich golden tan color, and is made of 55% silk, 45% wool. Excellent texture to the fabric (drapes beautifully, and has a terriffic hand) and is ideal for spring, summer, and fall. Would look great with light gray or medium brown trousers and a pair of suede shoes. Coat has a higher-stance 2-button closure, two flap pockets, and three inside pockets. The fusing on this coat is ultra thin and supple, and the shoulders have light padding, which makes this coat fit very nicely when worn. Made in USA. Coat measures 43" chest, 18.5" shoulders, 25.5" from shoulder seam to end of sleeve, and 31" length. It fits like a standard 40R. I'd like $85 shipped in the US, as this is really a beautiful coat, and one of the nicest HSM's I've ever seen. Please excuse the less-than-perfect photos. Now $60 +$10 shipping in the US
HSM1.jpg
HSM2.jpg
HSM3.jpg
HSM4.jpg
HSM5.jpg
All other items w/ photos are still available. PM me with any offers you may have.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more items going up today.

First up is two Brooks Brothers silk neckties, hand made in USA. Both are in excellent condition. One has horizontal stripes of royal blue, lavander, and silver. The other has tradly stripes of navy, forest green, red, and yellow.

Each $12 shipped in the US, or $20 shipped for both.

bbties1.jpg

bbties2.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banana Republic 52% linen/48% cotton pants, size 34x30. Flat-front, classic straight leg cut. The linen/cotton blend is wonderful because it gives the pants the texture and look of linen, yet the addition of cotton helps reduce the wrinkling problem of 100% linen clothes. This pair of pants is a light beige color, and is in excellent condition. Measures 35" waist, 30.5" inseam. I'd like $20 shipped in the US.
BRLinen1.jpg
BRLinen2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads