Some Good Deals at Target

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by VMan, Dec 21, 2006.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I went and checked out the peacoats a few days ago. The quality was pretty sketchy compared to quality stuff but it certainly looked disposable. The charcoal twill one felt like polyester even though it was supposedly wool. The black one, was a bit nicer, but it didn't feel great. I didn't try any of them on as I wasn't too impressed with the quality.

I like the velvet blazer TC bought quite a bit more, quality is nice.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Yea, that velvet blazer is a pretty stellar deal at 30 bones. Looks pretty good TC.

3. Partybody

Partybody New Member

4. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

i don't think they had the peacoats at the target i was at, but they did have some very heavy work coats that looked nice. and the leather moto jackets, which looked really good. Didn't get either of them since it's too warm for me to need too many of those heavy overgarments, but they looked nice.

Their ties are pretty darn decent, and pretty heavy. I've picked up two, one of which I like the feel of a lot more. I saw they also had a very elaborate paisley pattern tie (woven, not printed) in black and in purple, but I figured I'd wait until those went on sale and I could get it for $15 instead of $20, hehe

5. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I have not seen any anywhere.
    I saw them but passed them up quickly. The cut was way off for my body type, I can't remember what exactly was wrong with it, but the material was also quite cheap. It looked much better on the rack. Last week I saw some kind of heather-gray tweed herringbone topcoats that looked to be of nicer wool than the cheap ones at H&M. Maybe with alterations it could look like you paid a few hundred for it. I think it was even on sale, don't quote me on that. I don't see the coats online, but I do see this, which I like http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000KJXJRC I don't know about their ties, last spring I found a great kind of modern floral print that I loved and bought, they also had polka dot and some other nice patterns, these sold out quick and then they went back to their same, basic striped ties. Some of the stripes are nice but a little boring. The quality is decent, but for $20 I'd rather buy some stuff on sale at Macy's.

6. justlooking

justlooking Well-Known Member

if you guys are still interested in the velvet blazer..i saw some today at target for $15.

7. seen

seen Senior member

they dont freakin ship to Toronto.
    Anyone nice enough to pick up me a few things?

Thanks in advance.

8. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000HZYP0Y target has raw jeans now... resin coated, so im guessing really one wash insted of raw...
    cmf, how do they look in person compared with other cheap jeans, such as the Gough/Morrisson or H&M stuff?

10. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

i have no idea. ive never seen h&m, never seen the ones from target.

not as nice denim as the gough tho... im sure of that. gough denim is pretty damn nice... nicer than say, non selvage nudie denim.

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

i have no idea. ive never seen h&m, never seen the ones from target.

not as nice denim as the gough tho... im sure of that. gough denim is pretty damn nice... nicer than say, non selvage nudie denim.

Hmm, I have tried on the Goughs, the denim does feel good. Pity about the fit, I really did not like it. Would have liked them to have been a little narrower at the thigh.

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

my gripe w/ the Gough is the baggy straight leg..past the knee [​IMG] other than that I like em

13. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

my gripe w/ the Gough is the baggy straight leg..past the knee [​IMG] other than that I like em

They just don't look elegant enough for me to buy, even at 19.99. Why should I buiy them if I don't feel like I like them [​IMG], that is my problem. My old pair of 1969 has been delegated to "oil change jeans" now anyway though, it is not like I would not buy their denim.

14. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

Hmm, I have tried on the Goughs, the denim does feel good. Pity about the fit, I really did not like it. Would have liked them to have been a little narrower at the thigh.
    im lucky that i have a small waist and muscular thighs i guess. the fit on me is great except that the 28s dont come in a 34 inseam.... i actually dont mind the larger hem since all of my other jeans are pretty small (less than 20cm across)

15. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

im lucky that i have a small waist and muscular thighs i guess. the fit on me is great except that the 28s dont come in a 34 inseam.... i actually dont mind the larger hem since all of my other jeans are pretty small (less than 20cm across)

Heh, I forgot you are shaped like a stick figure, cmf [​IMG]