• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Engineered Garments that Gary DOES have

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has a dark navy (I'd say midnight) boiled wool (its quite warm) Engineer's jacket with bi-swing shoulders and Norfolk half belt in the back, and with three patch pockets on the front. Really nice jacket. If I had $385 to spend on outerwear now, one of his mediums would be mine. He has a full size run right now, but Engineered Garments is blowing out of stores this season. He also has a workshirt in an oxford cloth.

BTW, for everyone, Engineered Garments runs small this season. I tried on
the jacket and a few other pieces in a medium (I am 5'11" and 150 lbs), and the mediums fit perfectly on me, snug but comfortable.

Anyway, here is a picture of the jacket. I would wear the jacket with a plaid band of Outsiders shirt and a pair of old jeans or cords, but that is just me.

Ott

Reaction score
are there any online stockists for EG? Other than stevenalan, which seemed to sell out in about a day
frown.gif

I'm loving their fall line but I can't find it anywhere.

minya

Reaction score
thank god I picked up the polka-dot western shirt when I had the chance. It's probably the coolest buttonup I've owned.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there buttons on the cuffs? I'm a little disappointed that the Bedford doesn't have them.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

BTW, for everyone, Engineered Garments runs small this season. I tried on
the jacket and a few other pieces in a medium (I am 5'11" and 150 lbs), and the mediums fit perfectly on me, snug but comfortable.

What jacket size do you wear?

nomovement

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
are there any online stockists for EG? Other than stevenalan, which seemed to sell out in about a day
frown.gif

did you look at hejfina? they have a website. I'm too lazy to look.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomovement
did you look at hejfina? they have a website. I'm too lazy to look.
they don't have anything from the fall collection. All they have left is s/s stuff in MASSIVE sizes.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
they don't have anything from the fall collection. All they have left is s/s stuff in MASSIVE sizes.
Are those from the f/w collection or s/s? Has Hefjina had the f/w collection online yet?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary is getting the Monty, in black, I believe, but he doesn't have it in yet.

I wear a size 50Eu in Costume National and Helmut Lang, but even in these jackets, the shoulders hit dead on, but the body could easily be taken in a bit. In more conservative Italian makers, I wear a 48Eu. In American makers, I've gone down as far as a 36US sometimes! In APC jackets, I wear a medium. I think that the medium Engineered Garments Engineer jacket corresponds best to this, both in fit throughout and in length. It's perhaps marginally roomier through the body.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gary is getting the Monty, in black, I believe, but he doesn't have it in yet.

I wear a size 50Eu in Costume National and Helmut Lang, but even in these jackets, the shoulders hit dead on, but the body could easily be taken in a bit. In more conservative Italian makers, I wear a 48Eu. In American makers, I've gone down as far as a 36US sometimes! In APC jackets, I wear a medium. I think that the medium Engineered Garments Engineer jacket corresponds best to this, both in fit throughout and in length. It's perhaps marginally roomier through the body.

So probably a large for me. Good to know.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
frown.gif

Odin (www.odinnewyork.com) doesn't have an online store,*but they carry quite a bit of Engineered Garments, will do mail orders, and are very helpful and prompt. I ordered the zip hoodie (same as was on Steven Alan site, but $2 cheaper) in the heather grey color from them today, and it shipped about 3 hours later. They also actually return calls and follow up as they say they will, which is unfortunately rare these days. And www.peasantonline.com will carry Engineered Garments stuff very soon. The site should be operational in the next couple of weeks.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odin (www.odinnewyork.com) doesn't have an online store,*but they carry quite a bit of Engineered Garments, will do mail orders, and are very helpful and prompt. I ordered the zip hoodie (same as was on Steven Alan site, but $2 cheaper) in the heather grey color from them today, and it shipped about 3 hours later. They also actually return calls and follow up as they say they will, which is unfortunately rare these days. And www.peasantonline.com will carry Engineered Garments stuff very soon. The site should be operational in the next couple of weeks.
+1 for Odin. So incredibly helpful for such a perfect store. I don't think they have the Monty in though (yet). I might PM Gary about it. I was thinking about a small, but you said they're more fitted, plus the fact that I have lineman shoulders makes me think large...
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads