Some dude grabbed my wife's ass

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by distinctive, Oct 13, 2008.

1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Is this the ITG reunion party? The one were assault and battery are promoted widely? Great. Nice thread. There is something extraordinarily backwards, cro-magnonesque and mysoginistic about a man completely over-reacting about anything surrounding his female...
    I'm saying all that humongus pile of BS about breaking someone's fingers because he said something you didn't like about your girl is (a) completely inappropriate, an over-reaction and most likely a misdemeanor, and (b) mysoginistic - she can insult the guy, ask him to apologize, slap him... Taking over her due response is treating your wife like a piece of property, not like her own person.
    +2 to the above. Obviously, emotions and social expectations for men run very high with this sorts of stuff, but I fail to see (beyond your "pride") what would be harmed from just leaving the bar. Sounds like it was a pretty crappy place anyway. On the other hand, most all of the southern bars I've been in are full of people who probably pack more weaponry than the local National Guard Armory. So, personally I'd rather have my friends call me a pussy in the car on the way home than make my wife a widow.

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Is this the ITG reunion party? The one were assault and battery are promoted widely? Great. Nice thread.

There is something extraordinarily backwards, cro-magnonesque and mysoginistic about a man completely over-reacting about anything surrounding his female...

(no please - don't break my knee caps)

[​IMG]. One can only wonder how these situations even arise for the always armed gentlemen of the internet.

3. stylemeup

stylemeup Senior member

IMO:

#1. You should have knocked him out.

#2. You shouldn't bring your wife to nasty places with nasty men in them in the first place.

4. vinouspleasure

vinouspleasure Senior member

I would have gone with my wife to mgmt. If you use the right language (sexual assault, calling the police), they are going to ask them to leave. Here is a cautionary tale that recently occured to our friends:

after dinner at a restaurant they were walking to their car when a guy rode by on a bicycle and started cursing. The father reminded the guy that he had his kids with him and to tone it down. The guy jumped off his bicycle, tackled the father and started punching his face. The two kids, 14 and 18 tried to get him off but couldn't. He started strangling the father, the 18 yo went to the car, retrieved a fishing knife and stabbed the guy in the neck, believing he was defending his father's life. The father, not thinking clearly at this point, took the fishing knife and threw it in the trees.

Who is right here and who is wrong? No eyewitnesses to strangling, the law says that our friends escalated from fist fight to deadly weapon. The father attempted to hide evidence. If the guy had died (he was in critical condition), is the boy looking at life in jail? As it is, they are spending a lot of money defending felony charges and the outcome is not clear.

These are good people...great people, that live our town, help with charitable events, raise fine kids and have never been in a lick of trouble. Could your life have turned on a dime when you pushed him? Or as others have counseled, started a fight? Probably not, but is the reward worth the risk?

We live in a time of relative equality between the sexes. I feel sorry for the guy that does this to my wife (and some have)...at the very least she is going to verbally humiliate him.

5. JPYPSU07

JPYPSU07 Senior member

Once at a bar a girl physically picked up my girlfriend and kissed her, I didn't beat her up. [​IMG]

6. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

If all goes as planned I won't even bother with getting married.

It seems likely you won't even get the chance...

7. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

WTF? I hope you remember that macho BS if you ever make a random mistake and get put in the hospital for it. Lay off the 'rone dude.

lulwut? I hope you're not saying that defending your wife is a bad thing because it might involve testosterone. We all know how "bad" testosterone is. But before I read into your comment further, what was it that I said that you are taking issue with specifically?

8. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Strange. Maybe your wife was looking for it?

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

You should have grabbed his ass, and squeezed.

goddamn. where's that plus rep button

10. taktikz

taktikz Senior member

pussy
    big pussy

11. taktikz

taktikz Senior member

Seriously, you should of broken his hands [​IMG]

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

[​IMG]. One can only wonder how these situations even arise for the always armed gentlemen of the internet.

[​IMG]

or...

"Talk to the pecs, muthafuker."

[​IMG]

- B

13. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

I would have gone with my wife to mgmt. If you use the right language (sexual assault, calling the police), they are going to ask them to leave. Here is a cautionary tale that recently occured to our friends: after dinner at a restaurant they were walking to their car when a guy rode by on a bicycle and started cursing. The father reminded the guy that he had his kids with him and to tone it down. The guy jumped off his bicycle, tackled the father and started punching his face. The two kids, 14 and 18 tried to get him off but couldn't. He started strangling the father, the 18 yo went to the car, retrieved a fishing knife and stabbed the guy in the neck, believing he was defending his father's life. The father, not thinking clearly at this point, took the fishing knife and threw it in the trees. Who is right here and who is wrong? No eyewitnesses to strangling, the law says that our friends escalated from fist fight to deadly weapon. The father attempted to hide evidence. If the guy had died (he was in critical condition), is the boy looking at life in jail? As it is, they are spending a lot of money defending felony charges and the outcome is not clear. These are good people...great people, that live our town, help with charitable events, raise fine kids and have never been in a lick of trouble. Could your life have turned on a dime when you pushed him? Or as others have counseled, started a fight? Probably not, but is the reward worth the risk?
    That's an interesting story. I have a feeling that it will be ruled that the boys and the father acted out of self defense, assuming everything is true as you're telling it. Very interesting story, what would you if you were the 18 year old? Really put yourself into the heat of the moment and imagine the intensity of the situation, the adrenaline, the anger and fear you would feel watching your father being attacked...what would you do? Nothing? Is calling the police really an option? Perhaps. Your father might be strangled to death waiting for them to show up. Are you going to be able to think logically about the consequences? You're 18 years old...your younger brother is also involved, he may also be seriously hurt. Interesting thing to think about eh? Will you be able to live with yourself if your father gets seriously injured...or worse? I personally would be completely willing to suffer the legal consequences knowing that I defended my father.
    This is another really good point actually. In the OP's situation, she should've slapped him, or verbally humiliated the guy at a minimum. I don't know if she did that or not, if she didn't, why didn't she do it?

14. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This is another really good point actually. In the OP's situation, she should've slapped him, or verbally humiliated the guy at a minimum.
    I think I remember one of the asexual dandies making that point in post #43 as well

15. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member