Some dude grabbed my wife's ass

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by distinctive, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Nahmeanz

Nahmeanz Senior member

I strongly advise that you guys who like to throw the first punch (or execute the first throw or other physical conduct) in response to offensive statements or even physical conduct that does not objectively create a reasonable apprehension of harm (the OP story is a good example) always carry with you the phone number of an excellent criminal defense attorney. You will need it - and, BTW, when the drunk frat boy dies after hitting his head on the edge of bar on the way down after your throw, you are looking at some lengthy prison time.

Seriously, macho shit is fun and satisfying but its cost to you and society is potentially huge.

We'll be in court with our nicely tailored suits, mtm shirts, 7-fold ties, and handmade shoes. But seriously, I've gotten into countless fights are bars and clubs. In this situation, I would usually just deck the guy, probably would want to lay him out. From there a million things can happen which include him or one of his friends retaliating and someone gets fucked up or you get arrested and charged with assault and battery. Getting fucked up is something you accept can happen going into any fight but getting arrested and catching a charge sucks. And you'll learn your lesson when you have to spend a night in jail, pay that retainer fee to your lawyer, and go through a year of two of court dates. Trust me it's a pain in the ass.

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I strongly advise that you guys who like to throw the first punch (or execute the first throw or other physical conduct) in response to offensive statements or even physical conduct that does not objectively create a reasonable apprehension of harm (the OP story is a good example) always carry with you the phone number of an excellent criminal defense attorney. You will need it - and, BTW, when the drunk frat boy dies after hitting his head on the edge of bar on the way down after your throw, you are looking at some lengthy prison time.

Seriously, macho shit is fun and satisfying but its cost to you and society is potentially huge.

Missed this. +1

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

We'll be in court with our nicely tailored suits, mtm shirts, 7-fold ties, and handmade shoes. But seriously, I've gotten into countless fights are bars and clubs. In this situation, I would usually just deck the guy, probably would want to lay him out. From there a million things can happen which include him or one of his friends retaliating and someone gets fucked up or you get arrested and charged with assault and battery. Getting fucked up is something you accept can happen going into any fight but getting arrested and catching a charge sucks. And you'll learn your lesson when you have to spend a night in jail, pay that retainer fee to your lawyer, and go through a year of two of court dates. Trust me it's a pain in the ass, especially when your wife fucks another guy behind your back when you're busy with your new ordeal, maybe a divorce will even happen.
    Pussy ain't shit

4. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

5. Milhouse

Milhouse Senior member

A very reasonable response to this would simply be to call the police, tell them your wife was just sexually assaulted, and you need a squad car immediately.

At some point, if you have experienced a lot of violence, you realize it is a lose lose situation. You pay the police a lot of money, let them handle it for you.

6. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

You should have grabbed his balls, and squeezed very hard with no intention of letting go. If he complained, you should have smiled and told him he liked it.

Fixed!

7. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Fixed!

Personal fantasy?!

8. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

So my wife and I and several of her friends went out after the Ga/Tn game in Athens Sat. I'm watching the Fl/LSU game in another part of the bar when my wife comes up to me. She can be a drama queen sometimes but she tells me that some guy just grabbed her ass. Now I was ready to blow this off but she tells me it wasn't a tap but an actual grab and squeeze. Not only that, she confronted him and he says "You liked it." That was the final straw. I'm not normally a confrontational person but things like this really get me going (that and I've had a few beers to boot). I go up to him and he starts playing dumb like what are you talking about...who?...etc. Then I say "her"-referring to my wife behind me and quirks this little smile. That really ticks me off and so I go into angry husband mode and start versing him on how he should learn to respect women. He tries to walk away and I grab his shoulder, he cusses me out and I throw him down in the bar...classy right? So he gets up and starts like shaking his PBR at me like a drunken fool. A few final words and my wife forces me to leave the bar. I got some points with the wife but I wasn't really proud of my actions. How would you have handled the situation?
    Nicely done. I think you should be proud, you did the right thing. Consider the alternative, what if you had done nothing? I assure you you'll never regret "going angry husband" on someone no matter how ungentlemanly you behave, but you will absolutely regret not doing anything at all in situations like that. I get so sick of reading the advice spouted on this board by these asexual dandies, your post is refreshing. Your situation reminded me of this video, which even if her being hit was accidental, he still did the right thing. Yes he took a substantial risk, but sometimes the risk is worth the reward.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

All of this is precisely why I have always felt it was prudent to shun bars, especially rowdy, crowded ones. Even less would I wish to take any woman I cared about into such an environment. Indignities of the type described are always a high probability. The OP seems to have gotten a lot of plaudits in this thread for playing the man's role. I go with the school that he is damn lucky not to have been stabbed, shot or beaten to a pulp after he initiated contact. A squeezed ass just doesn't warrant risking a knife in the heart in my book!

10. gomes

gomes Member

This is just silly - did your wife want you to get into a fight for this?? Did she want you to risk getting hurt for a butt squeeze?

There are too many crazy people out there to start fights with strangers IMO, especially drunk ones. The guy could have carried a knife, a gun - who knows... Call me a pussy but I would have taken my wife and walked out of there - best way out of a fight is to walk out. And the best way to avoid a fight is not to start one.

Quite so!

This is the kind of philosophy I was looking for with some other (utterly aggressive...DUH!) martial arts and just found when I started Aikido. What's the point in the aggression? The guy has already grabbed Brian's wife's ass, so what's to be gained from losing composure and getting physical with the bloody idiot? On the other hand, if he started physically threatening you (both) I say kick his ass. Definitely.

Anyway, Brian - I'm not really trying to judge you. Heck, I know I've done much worse, so I wouldn't be too much of a critic anyway. I just meant to share my present view on fighting in general.

You were watching a football game and she interrupted it?
    [​IMG]

11. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

WTF?
    It doesn't pay your bills. I've seen stupid things done to people over pussy. I knew a bouncer that got head from a girl who had a tweaker boyfriend. Boyfriend finds out, then he tries to fight the bouncer at work. Obviously, the boyfriend got his ass beat. Boyfriend comes back the enxt night and hits the bouncer with a car. Bouncer ends up in a wheelchair for a few weeks, and he decided not to press charges on the tweaker. I respect the bouncer for taking full responsibility for what he did instead of running to the court like a little bitch to press charges, honor like that is rare. Boyfriend gets locked up. That's just on example of people doing stupid shit over pussy. I've always been a violent person, but I can't understand why people act violent over pussy. Pussy ain't shit.

12. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

Hopefully, your wife is more to you than just "pussy."

13. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

14. xchen

xchen Senior member

What bar was it?

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Nicely done. I think you should be proud, you did the right thing. Consider the alternative, what if you had done nothing? I assure you you'll never regret "going angry husband" on someone no matter how ungentlemanly you behave, but you will absolutely regret not doing anything at all in situations like that. I get so sick of reading the advice spouted on this board by these asexual dandies, your post is refreshing. Your situation reminded me of this video, which even if her being hit was accidental, he still did the right thing. Yes he took a substantial risk, but sometimes the risk is worth the reward.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

WTF? I hope you remember that macho BS if you ever make a random mistake and get put in the hospital for it. Lay off the 'rone dude.