Solito Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Mark Lee Jin Yi

Mark Lee Jin Yi Senior member

Oh not sure if you guys realised, this isn't the suit in question haha. This is another picture of a suit with patch pockets that @dieworkwear posted.

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

That's my BlazerSuit[​IMG] from Steed.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

When I met you, you brought this up to me about the suit I was wearing. At the time it never occurred to me that it was a thing, but since then It has been a pet peeve and since corrected on future orders. I would be lying if I said it doesn't bother me now when I wear that suit. :embar:

4. patrickBOOTH

I don't think anybody sees Image Consultation in a negative light, but they rather question you being an authority to consult. Anybody can open an image consultation business and advise people who don't know what they are doing and those clients are at the mercy of somebody who claims they know something. Doesn't mean you're any good. Just like any profession there are people who are good and people who are not. I just think pulling at the button is minor and can be fixed, if it can't be that's an entirely different issue. Do you have any examples of clients you've worked with? I know you don't have to prove yourself to people on the internet, but if you come here with the perspective of a professional in the field with nothing other than words to show for it your opinion isn't going to be valued just as it wouldn't be in "real" life.

5. dieworkwear

:foo:

6. patrickBOOTH

I mean hey there's a demand for it.

7. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Have you written about what you got from Steed before? How many do you have now?

I got a 18 oz flannel from them recently. Wore it yesterday when the windchill was like -20. Fantastic.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

8. dieworkwear

I think I have six or seven suits/ sport coats from them, and then a couple pairs of pants. Most of it is fall/ winter stuff like corduroys and tweeds, but they also made me a blue Fresco SC that I really like.

I'm sending them some cloth for a new SC, but I can't decide between a brown Donegal I bought from Molloy & Sons or that LL Agnelli glen plaid tweed. The check on that tweed is monstrously big and I'm kind of worried it'll look ridiculous on my 36R frame.

That 18oz flannel sounds nice and cozy.

9. zag73

zag73 Well-Known Member

It's not a profession. It's simply an individual who can't be bothered to find a proper job and/or lacks the intellect to do a proper job. A proper job is quite easy to define. It's one that adds value to society. Examples being, doctors, builders, engineers, solicitors etc

10. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

That LL check is massive and very loud IMHO.

11. dieworkwear

it's definitely the biggest check I've ever received.

12. patrickBOOTH

That's a very limited point of view. FWIW, a lot of professions were, as you put, for individuals who couldn't be bothered to find a proper job and lack the intellect to do a proper job before they were "professions". In society if there is a demand for something and somebody sees that opportunity can makes a living doing it I see that as pretty darn smart if you ask me. How does that not add value to society if the clients are happy in the end? Maybe those happy, better dressed individuals will work harder, and feel more confident to get a "proper job".

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

13. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

And one can actually make money at it? Sounds ideal for me.

14. zag73

zag73 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, society panders to such individuals. It's probably why it's such a mess. Again, an example. Premiership footballers earn more than most top surgeons. How can anyone of sane mind justify this? We can quite easily lives without footballers but not surgeons. Do you understand the point I'm trying to make?

15. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

totally. Getting psyched about the prospect of easy money and no real work!