Solito Angst

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Sep 15, 2010.

1. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Did you know that an Indian invented tailoring?
    You remind me of one of my nerdy cousins, except he has darker skin and straighter hair. Seriously: [​IMG]

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

You know there is a whole forum dedicated to this sort of e-stalking you should check it out, you would be right at home there.

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Did you know that an Indian invented tailoring?

Paul Jheeta?

4. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

You know there is a whole forum dedicated to this sort of e-stalking you should check it out, you would be right at home there.

You seem to feel a bit intimidated here.

5. Manton

You seem to feel a bit intimidated here.

Yeah, that's it. [​IMG]

6. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Paul Jheeta?

I actually like this one button jacket:

[​IMG]

7. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Cotton was first cultivated in the old world 7,000 years ago (5th millennium BC-4th millennium BC), by the inhabitants of the Indus Valley Civilization. The Indus cotton industry was well developed and some methods used in cotton spinning and fabrication continued to be used until the modern industrialization of India.[3] Well before the Common Era, the use of cotton textiles had spread from India to the Mediterranean and beyond I'm outta here.

8. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I want Solito to get his @$$ over here!!!!!!

+1 billion gajillion

9. Manton

Cotton was first cultivated in the old world 7,000 years ago (5th millennium BC-4th millennium BC), by the inhabitants of the Indus Valley Civilization. he Indus cotton industry was well developed and some methods used in cotton spinning and fabrication continued to be used until the modern industrialization of India.[3] Well before the Common Era, the use of cotton textiles had spread from India to the Mediterranean and beyond

I'm outta here.

[​IMG]

10. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Cotton was first cultivated in the old world 7,000 years ago (5th millennium BC-4th millennium BC), by the inhabitants of the Indus Valley Civilization. he Indus cotton industry was well developed and some methods used in cotton spinning and fabrication continued to be used until the modern industrialization of India.[3] Well before the Common Era, the use of cotton textiles had spread from India to the Mediterranean and beyond

I'm outta here.

One quibble: the Indus Valley civilization is based in modern-day Pakistan [​IMG]

11. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

One quibble: the Indus Valley civilization is based in modern-day Pakistan [​IMG]
    So is the Indus river, where the name India derived from."Pakistan" shouldn't be taken too seriously. The land consists mainly of the Punjab which was split between the two countries. Besides there were no muslims in South Asia (and the rest of the world) back then. These were the Dravidian Indus people that later on fled to South India after the Indo-European speaking tribes crushed their civilisation about 2500 BC.

12. tutee

tutee Senior member Dubiously Honored

Post ITT if you are [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] that Solito is not coming this fall.

That is really really awful. I asked him specifically when placing the order if he would be returning soon and he said yes no doubt about it.

I think this probably the last time I will trust a small traveling tailor. Cant help but shake the Darren-ish fiasco feeling with this one.

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

That is really really awful. I asked him specifically when placing the order if he would be returning soon and he said yes no doubt about it.

I think this probably the last time I will trust a small traveling tailor. Cant help but shake the Darren-ish fiasco feeling with this one.

Your Minnis is getting a nice tan, though. That's worth something.

- B

14. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Though I've had some issues with Solito, he has always been honorable and made good on his promises. Hang in there tutee, he will make you whole.

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

So is the Indus river, where the name India derived from."Pakistan" shouldn't be taken too seriously. The land consists mainly of the Punjab which was split between the two countries. Besides there were no muslims in South Asia (and the rest of the world) back then. These were the Dravidian Indus people that later on fled to South India after the Indo-European speaking tribes crushed their civilisation about 2500 BC.

Where does garlic nan fit in with this story?

- B