• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solid colored ascots

Bananafish

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of where I might find a top quality, light silk or cotton/linen blend lilac colored ascot that's not too heavy for the summer weather? Not interested in patterns or anything heavy. To be worn with a thin cotton button down.

Merci!

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out www.elegantascot.com. They offer a solid-color silk ascot in "plum purple" that should be close to what you want. I have never bought anything from these people, but their prices are extremely reasonable.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivystyle
try this site

Do you have any experience with those sites? Can you vouch for the quality of any of their products?

No? Then **** off. Every maker on the internet advertises their Chinese made **** as top quality. That does not make it true. OP was asking for sites that might sell decent quality stuff. I would assume he knows how to use google, but was looking for information from people who actually have experience with such places, not just a search algorithm. A men's style forum is a pretty good place to ask.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivystyle
Captain Jeff...where is the fire? calm down... everybody who takes a look at it knows it's a joke.. don't get all serious...this is not your boat... haha
I don't like people acting like condescending assholes where it's not warranted (and there are certainly case where it's warranted). Your post did not read as a joke. It read like you were saying that OP was asking an incredibly stupid question and that he shouldn't have wasted the time of the forum, which is generally what let me google that for you is for. It can be very funny when posted in response to what actually is a stupid question, or is a matter of record that can actually be found with a two second google search. When posted in response to a legitimate question with a search that doesn't actually bring up a satisfactory answer... then it's a dick move and not funny. As for the fire, it's not much harder to write slapdown text then it is to write measured and polite text. And sometimes I feel a slapdown is in order based on someone's behavior, even if the actual issue at hand isn't all that important. The basic tip for using lmgtfy is that if the google search does not return an immediate and clear answer, using lmgtfy is completely inappropriate.

Bananafish

Reaction score
Thanks CptJeff,

If anyone has any real suggestions to offer, it'd still be much appreciated. I will try L'Uomo locally this week, but if someone knows of a specialty haberdasher or quality menswear shop abroad that's off my radar, that'd be great! There's tons of top end resources for neckties, pocket squares, cufflinks and any other number of men's accessories... but finding well made silk ascots that aren't sold on tacky wholesale websites ripped straight out of cheap 70s costume catalogues is a lot tougher. None of the respectable New York or London retailers list them on their sites, and eBay/etsy list the usual paisley and polka dot sprayed Tootals or more cheapo Halloween/prom night looking articles, so to have some experienced suggestions from discerning folks would be a big help...

Thanks

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might not approve of how CptJeff spoke, but I agree with the message. The entire point of this thread is to avoid the "random store chosen by Google", and to obtain some informed opinions on a speciality item. While many threads would indeed find the "Let me Google that for You" link appropriate (and in fact, benefit from it), this is not one.

BerryWall

Reaction score
I would ask Sam Hober if he would make one up for you. He does not offer them on his site, but he might be up for a one-off commission.
Also, you could contact Will of A suitable Wardrobe. I am sure he could point you in the right direction.
Good luck and let us all know what you find.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BerryWall
I would ask Sam Hober if he would make one up for you. He does not offer them on his site, but he might be up for a one-off commission. Also, you could contact Will of A suitable Wardrobe. I am sure he could point you in the right direction. Good luck and let us all know what you find.
BerryWall, Thank you for thinking of us. We currently are making formal ascots and Ascot squares. Later we will offer pleated ascots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads