• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solid Canali suit?

airdale

Reaction score
I am a new member (this is my first post) and have found this forum to be a wealth of knowledge. It's helped me make a number of smart purchases on eBay and STP. However, I have a couple of major holes in my wardrobe. More to the point, my tailor tells me that Canali 13x... fits me like it was made for me. Where should I be looking for solid (or at least subtle pattern) gray or navy, single-breasted, two-button, double-vented 40R Canali 13x... suits with single-pleat or flat front trousers? And how much should I be looking to pay? I live in Rhode Island. Thank you.

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airdale
I am a new member (this is my first post) and have found this forum to be a wealth of knowledge. It's helped me make a number of smart purchases on eBay and STP. However, I have a couple of major holes in my wardrobe. More to the point, my tailor tells me that Canali 13x... fits me like it was made for me. Where should I be looking for solid (or at least subtle pattern) gray or navy, single-breasted, two-button, double-vented 40R Canali 13x... suits with single-pleat or flat front trousers? And how much should I be looking to pay? I live in Rhode Island. Thank you.
Saks and Nordstroms carry Canali. Saks Fifth Avenue 1 Premium Outlet Blvd # 200A Wrentham, MA 02093 (508) 384-9309 Nordstrom 6 Providence Place Providence, RI 02908-5003 (401) 621-3111 $1300 - $1500 new.

leon12

Reaction score
I've seen them on Bluefly.com with at least some discount.

Agnacious

Reaction score
Bloomingdales also carries Canali and has an X% off sale every so often, and that includes the solids. I cannot vouch to whether they are the exact same suits as saks and NM though.

It has been my experience when saks and nm has a suit sale, the solid suits are not included, or really anything I would wear.

heard546

Reaction score
I've seen Canali suits for as little as $499 at Nordstrom Rack and off Saks 5th Ave. I there are stores near you I would suggest you look there first. You could save some money to accessorize the suit.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heard546
I've seen Canali suits for as little as $499 at Nordstrom Rack and off Saks 5th Ave. I there are stores near you I would suggest you look there first. You could save some money to accessorize the suit.

Probably not a solid navy though.

airdale

Reaction score
So how do I acquire these basic suits? The Rhode Island Nordstrom doesn't even carry Canali. This summer, a boutique in Newport had a brown and a blue windowpane in a 40R. And, even on sale, they were about $1250. A solid navy and a solid grey - I haven't even been able to find one, much less at a decent price. I'm willing to be patient and don't mind shopping around, but there's got to be an eventual payoff! Am I better off targeting Isaia? Some of those fit me great, too. Thanks for the help.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to get these suits,but the only time you can get them on sale is when Nordstrom has a sale and I think it is about christmas time (right after christmas if I am not mistaken).
Solids usually don't go down,other colors are usually discounted by 30%.If there is something specific you want to buy,I am afraid you will have to pay retail prices.
You can call other stores and have them ship the suit to you,you can always return it at a local store if you don't like it.

Agnacious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airdale
So how do I acquire these basic suits? The Rhode Island Nordstrom doesn't even carry Canali. This summer, a boutique in Newport had a brown and a blue windowpane in a 40R. And, even on sale, they were about $1250. A solid navy and a solid grey - I haven't even been able to find one, much less at a decent price. I'm willing to be patient and don't mind shopping around, but there's got to be an eventual payoff! Am I better off targeting Isaia? Some of those fit me great, too. Thanks for the help.

If you don't have a local source you could start by clicking on the affiliate links at the top and bottom of the page and see if they have anything you like. If you see something you like, ideally you should try it on first locally to make sure on the fit.

I am not sure if bluefly is an affiliate, or if there is a discount floating around:

http://www.bluefly.com/_/N-1aaq/Ntt-...ial/search.fly

I think you may be hard pressed to find an Isaia for less than the Canali in the brick and mortar locations, if price is a factor.

JR88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heard546
I've seen Canali suits for as little as $499 at Nordstrom Rack and off Saks 5th Ave.

But unless you want a yellow polka dot suit or wear a size 56L, this strategy could prove frustrating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads