Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Soles

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Styling55, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Styling55

Styling55 New Member

Does anyone have experience with tomir soles vs dainite? (Advantages vs Disadvantages )Does the average cobbler carry tomir soles? I like the look of tomir from the images I have seen better on dress shoes than dainite, but they dont offer them on the stock shoes I want. About how much would it usually cost to get them done to shoes.

2. breakaway01

breakaway01 Distinguished Member

As far as I know the “Tomir” sole is used by Carmina. I have not heard of it being available as an aftermarket sole. But you can have your cobbler fit a rubber sole protector (e.g. Topy) to a leather sole for something very similar.

3. hmlarsson

hmlarsson Senior Member

As @breakaway01 said, "Tomir" sole is used by Carmina. Other makers have their own style, like G&G:s "Wensum" sole.
    It's a great sole as it's slim, hardly no one can tell it's a rubber sole from the side. Regarding Dainite its biggest advantage is the sustainability (have not wearing my "Tomir" soles enough to make a judgement on that yet). On the other hand, "single" Dainite is pretty slim too.
    You could always put a thin rubber sole ("topy's") on the leather sole at every cobbler.
    Pics of a Carmina boot with single Dainite sole:
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...dvice-sizing-etc.241469/page-402#post-6638038
    [​IMG]
    My Carminas with "Tomir" sole:
    ca1.jpg Ca2.jpg
    My Church´s leather soles with a thin rubber sole:
    ch.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018