1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soles

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by puzzledexpression, Jun 18, 2004.

1. puzzledexpression

puzzledexpression Member

I'd be grateful for some advice on caring for the soles of my shoes. I brush dirt from them after wearing and allow them to dry when wet, but should I polish the soles of my shoes or apply any other kind of treatment?

Thanks

2. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

For my leather-soled shoes I clean them as you describe. Once every few months I'll apply some Lexol conditioner on the soles and then let the shoes dry on their sides.

3. General Koskov

General Koskov Well-Known Member

The Canadian Forces makes you blacken the soles of your boots with polish. But seeing as these are Vibram soles, I suspect it has little to do with practical care of shoes.

I like to occasionally use saddle soap on my leather soles.