• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

solelyshoes vs pediwear for Trickers Stow

lorcar

Reaction score
Hello gents and happy new year!
I am about to pull the trigger on Tricker's stow boots, dainite sole, Espresso Burnished.
Pediwear will charge 325 and add a wood shoe tree as a gift.
Solelyshoes is 307.5, just shoes and shipping.

I always read about Pediwear here, so I wonder if you have experience with Solelyshoes as well and I can trust.
thanks in advance

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
I ordered from SolelyShoes on the 19th of December, they shipped it on the 20th, and it arrived on the 23rd (ignoring UPS's trite, lazy, POS service). I have no experience with their customer service, as everything went better than expected the first time.

Pediwear does price match I believe, so if the difference in price for the shoe trees isn't worth it to you, just get Pediwear to match their price, if you want.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pediwear seems to have raised their prices for Tricker's in the past few days.
I know that UK VAT went up but it's more than just that.

I bought a pair of Bourtons the week before xmas. They ended up being 230gbp (after subtracting VAT and 5% repeat Tricker's discount). They'd be 242gbp now.

lorcar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlmostFullBenefits
Pediwear does price match I believe, so if the difference in price for the shoe trees isn't worth it to you, just get Pediwear to match their price, if you want.

but if the shoetree is really free they should match the price anyhow: 307 shoes+tree

lorcar

Reaction score
it seems that in 2 days Solelyshoes increased their price to match Pediwear's!!!!!

osc

Reaction score
I'd recommend Shoe Healer (https://www.shoehealer.co.uk) - Excellent Services and Pricing
worship.gif

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
I'd recommend Shoe Healer (https://www.shoehealer.co.uk) - Excellent Services and Pricing
worship.gif

I bought my Keswicks there & they were GREAT. They know a lot about Trickers' fittings, which can be pretty darned "tricky" (since many of their lasts are wide to begin with).

When I wanted a pair of Keswicks in the narrower fitting with commando soles, they customized me a pair within less than a week.

All their shoes come with a nice shoe-care kit & their pricing, including shipping was less than pediwear & the rest.

GREAT EXPERIENCE with shoe healer!

mdg137

Reaction score
+1 for Shoe Healer-- great service and bullet speed to the US

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was also about to purchase a pair of Stows then realized the price increase. I have only recently been following Tricker's but how typical is it for them to increase prices? Is there usually an marginal annual increase every calendar year or less frequent? Thank you for any input.

lorcar

Reaction score
it seems they don't have the Stow in Espresso color with Dainite sole.
Wait, they might have it, but already ordered from Pediwear...

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsmivtr
Was also about to purchase a pair of Stows then realized the price increase. I have only recently been following Tricker's but how typical is it for them to increase prices? Is there usually an marginal annual increase every calendar year or less frequent? Thank you for any input.

It's called inflation.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I undersand basic economics but I was hoping for more of a specific answer as to how frequently Tricker's increase their prices. Is there usually an annual increase, every couple of years, etc.?

I find it hard to foresee a 25 pound increase for the Stow to be something particularly regular.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which courier company did the Shoehealer use? I'm sick of UPS and their ilk charging ridiculous fees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads