• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resource icon

SOLD GAZIANO & GIRLING SIZE 9.5E (UK) CARNEGIE, USED

coololeg

Reaction score
Fit for me is about as good as you can get on a non-bespoke shoe - I like the fit to be snug but not overly tight. Lengthwise it’s exactly where it needs to be.

I don’t notice a significant difference in how these shoes feel compared to my 82-last EG’s, which are also U.K. 9.5E. I don’t know how an 82 feels compared to a 202, but that appears to be our closest point of comparison in terms of shoes we are both familiar with. I was only measured for StC - I’ve never actually worn a pair, so I can’t make an honest judgement about your question.

I hope that helps your decision-making.
Sincerely appreciate your response. Let me know what is the total with shoe trees and shipping (and while at it, perhaps you can offer lower price?).

coololeg

Reaction score
Thank you. Let me know total with shoe trees and shipping (and maybe with a discount on the shoe price) :).

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there, having checked DHL, UPS, FedEx and Royal Mail it looks like the most cost-effective shipping method costs a bit over £30 to the US.

So the total value is £499 shoes + £125 trees plus +£30 shipping = £654.

6D716DD5-2BC8-4E10-8C0C-14A41C03ACFB.jpg

coololeg

Reaction score
Hi there, having checked DHL, UPS, FedEx and Royal Mail it looks like the most cost-effective shipping method costs a bit over £30 to the US.

So the total value is £499 shoes + £125 trees plus +£30 shipping = £654.

View attachment 1594803
Thank you. Can we agree on some lower cost for the shoes and trees, say £535 + £30 shipping?

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure. This is how I intend to pack them - shoes, trees, bags, dust cloth in a plain brown box.

I had a thought: I’m sure I can get a G&G original shoe box from the lads at the Savile Row store. But I’d be unwilling to give the discount in that case because it would take me the best part of a day to get in and out. I’m neutral either way, I’ll go with whichever option you prefer.

FB005F82-BD52-4B4A-AFDD-C0A6A334D138.jpeg

coololeg

Reaction score
Sure. This is how I intend to pack them - shoes, trees, bags, dust cloth in a plain brown box.

I had a thought: I’m sure I can get a G&G original shoe box from the lads at the Savile Row store. But I’d be unwilling to give the discount in that case because it would take me the best part of a day to get in and out. I’m neutral either way, I’ll go with whichever option you prefer.

View attachment 1594992
Is a box something they could send flat?
Anyway, while I am contemplating original box or not, I have never bought through here - how does it work? You send an invoice or something? Or other way?

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question re the box - I’ll ask! From what I’ve seen, I’d expect it more likely to ship them in the assembled box enclosed in an outer brown cardboard package - so, effectively a box within a box if that’s what you decide.

in terms of completing the transaction, it’s really between us to decide. Most people tend to use PayPal as the default, although their exchange rate to you and fees to me are extortionate. I’ve had better rates with foreign exchange transfers via either www.xe.com or www.wise.com.

Once I have the funds, I send you the goods. You can look to my trader feedback and reputation on here, my eBay ID is grcrich if you’d like to check that out as well, and you’re welcome to check me out on Instagram under ggdecoman in order to get comfort that I’m legit and have a lot of reputation to lose if I do you wrong.

Hope that helps in your decision-making. I’ll stand by to hear whatever you decide.

coololeg

Reaction score
Good question re the box - I’ll ask! From what I’ve seen, I’d expect it more likely to ship them in the assembled box enclosed in an outer brown cardboard package - so, effectively a box within a box if that’s what you decide.

in terms of completing the transaction, it’s really between us to decide. Most people tend to use PayPal as the default, although their exchange rate to you and fees to me are extortionate. I’ve had better rates with foreign exchange transfers via either www.xe.com or www.wise.com.

Once I have the funds, I send you the goods. You can look to my trader feedback and reputation on here, my eBay ID is grcrich if you’d like to check that out as well, and you’re welcome to check me out on Instagram under ggdecoman in order to get comfort that I’m legit and have a lot of reputation to lose if I do you wrong.

Hope that helps in your decision-making. I’ll stand by to hear whatever you decide.
If I do transfer, can you reduce total a bit - there is still fee to be paid by me to do the transfer. Also please find out if GG can get you a box or maybe send be an empty box for that shoe?
if you prefer to send wiring instructions in private, you can email me at [email protected]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads