• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resource icon

SOLD GAZIANO & GIRLING SIZE 9.5E (UK) CARNEGIE, USED

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grc1 submitted a new classified:

GAZIANO & GIRLING SIZE 9.5E (UK) CARNEGIE, USED - SIngle monkstraps in navy crust calf on the square deco last

Used, well taken care of single monkstraps in navy crust calf. Single leather soles with metal toe tips. View attachment 1583130 View attachment 1583131 View attachment 1583132 View attachment 1583133
Buckles and straps in used but perfect condition, no tears
View attachment 1583134 View attachment 1583135

View attachment 1583130 View attachment 1583131 [ATTACH...

Read more about this classified...

coololeg

Reaction score
I’ve had them for about 4 years and worn them maybe once every couple months. I have a large collection to rotate through, so these have barely begun to see the wear they are capable of withstanding.

hope that helps.
Thank you. It does help. This model does not have a cap toe, correct? It looks like it does, but I don't know - perhaps the way the polish is?

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing. The shoe trees are available as an additional item if you want them. They’re good as new, given that the only thing they do is sit in the shoe bags when the shoes are on my feet; or in the shoes when they’re in storage.

The reason I’m selling them separately is (a) not everyone wants them and (b) they’re heavy, which makes shipping more expensive.

coololeg

Reaction score
Nothing. The shoe trees are available as an additional item if you want them. They’re good as new, given that the only thing they do is sit in the shoe bags when the shoes are on my feet; or in the shoes when they’re in storage.

The reason I’m selling them separately is (a) not everyone wants them and (b) they’re heavy, which makes shipping more expensive.
Makes sense. Good point

coololeg

Reaction score
Makes sense. Good point
Are you sure shoe trees would add to the shipping cost? Can you check what would it cost to ship to USA (zip code 60040)?

Also...it says not returns - so there is a risk, since I have never had GG shoes. I am 9.5E in EG Dover 202/606 last for example. Or 9 in Saint Crispin Classic Last.

coololeg

Reaction score
Are you sure shoe trees would add to the shipping cost? Can you check what would it cost to ship to USA (zip code 60040)?

Also...it says not returns - so there is a risk, since I have never had GG shoes. I am 9.5E in EG Dover 202/606 last for example. Or 9 in Saint Crispin Classic Last.
Given my shoe sizes in other brands/lasts, what is your best assessment of the fit?

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is always difficult to nail down, and I understand the risk you’re seeking to minimise. I can’t comment on your own sizing as everyone’s feet are different, but I can offer my own sizing as a reference:

I also wear 9.5E in Edward Green’s 82 last, as well as 9.5 in C&J. I’ve also worn 43.5 in Vass U and F lasts. I was measured for St Crispins as an 8.5G with a bit extra - kinda like an 8.75 I guess.

Hope that helps. I will get a quote for shipping with trees to your zip code.

coololeg

Reaction score
Fit is always difficult to nail down, and I understand the risk you’re seeking to minimise. I can’t comment on your own sizing as everyone’s feet are different, but I can offer my own sizing as a reference:

I also wear 9.5E in Edward Green’s 82 last, as well as 9.5 in C&J. I’ve also worn 43.5 in Vass U and F lasts. I was measured for St Crispins as an 8.5G with a bit extra - kinda like an 8.75 I guess.

Hope that helps. I will get a quote for shipping with trees to your zip code.
Thank you. It seems your foot might be wider. I was measured as 9E in St Crispin. Given that, would this Deco last from GG be too wide for me? And how does this last fit you in terms of length and width? It might help to know what is the fit for you in this shoe to compare to mine.

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit for me is about as good as you can get on a non-bespoke shoe - I like the fit to be snug but not overly tight. Lengthwise it’s exactly where it needs to be.

I don’t notice a significant difference in how these shoes feel compared to my 82-last EG’s, which are also U.K. 9.5E. I don’t know how an 82 feels compared to a 202, but that appears to be our closest point of comparison in terms of shoes we are both familiar with. I was only measured for StC - I’ve never actually worn a pair, so I can’t make an honest judgement about your question.

I hope that helps your decision-making.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads