• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD -- Alden Cigar LWBs -- 10D, Barrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All:

--- price dropped from $650 to $610 ---

Up for sale here is a pair of Alden Cigar cordovan long wing bluchers in a 10D. These were purchased from Alden of Carmel in mid-September for $710; they're on the Barrie last. These shoes are absolutely beautiful. They're the lighter side of Cigar with a wonderful depth of color, and parts have the traditional olive undertones. Even better -- for you, at least -- is that they've only been worn outside twice.

These LWBs are, by far, my most beautiful shoe. I wouldn't dream of selling these except for the fact that, after about half of a day at work, I realized they were too narrow for me. In truth I should be a 10E or 10.5D on the Barrie. Sadly, I've only realized this fact after buying multiple Barrie lasted Aldens in a 10D.

So, again, let my block-headedness and loss be your gain. These LWBs are hard to come by, and they're hardly worn. They're the lighter side of Cigar which is difficult enough to find on its own. Further, they're offset by a beautiful antique edge. They have always been kept with shoe trees and devoutly Mac-methoded. Know your size, 'cause with all my sizing problems, I can't accept returns. These come with the original shoe bags and box, but without the trees. Shipping with tracking and insurance is included.

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

• 1CigarLWB.jpg
    1CigarLWB.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 55
  • 2CigarLWB.jpg
    2CigarLWB.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 45
  • 3CigarLWB.jpg
    3CigarLWB.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 4CigarLWB.jpg
    4CigarLWB.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 48
  • 5CigarLWB.jpg
    5CigarLWB.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 6CigarLWB.jpg
    6CigarLWB.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 7CigarLWB.jpg
    7CigarLWB.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 8CigarLWB.jpg
    8CigarLWB.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 39
  • 9CigarLWB.jpg
    9CigarLWB.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

RecoveringChef

Reaction score
Gorgeous shoes! I'm curious, what size do your feet measure on that shoe measurement scale thing whose name escapes me?

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Chef--
so I'm not sure what my exact Brannock Device measurement is, but I can tell you what I was told I should be on the Barrie when I was measured at Alden D.C.

There the gentleman told me that I should be a 10E or 10.5D on the Barrie, which would likely indicate that my measurement was around a 10.5E or 11D. I disregarded that information because, for some stupid reason I'm sure, I thought I was properly a 10D in Barrie-lasted shoes. By now I'm pretty sure he was right and have been buying 10.5D and looking for 10E. Live and learn, I suppose.

RecoveringChef

Reaction score
Those are so gorgeous, it's a shame. I've been buying wide shoes and sizing down in the length with AE for a while (as I find a lot of theirs to run slightly narrow) . I went to J. Gilbert in Seattle a couple weeks ago and they insisted I be measured, and I was a true 11D, then they insisted I would be a 10.5D in the Barrie, and not a 10E as I had guessed. I tried on the LWB in a 10.5D and it fit like a glove. They arrive today actually in color 8; decided to start with color 8 for my first pair. Best of luck with your sale, and I hope you find your size soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vilrey