• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sockmaker -- "Sozzi"

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My local Filene's has dress socks made by "Sozzi." It may have been Rafael Sozzi. Wool/nylon blends. Made in Italy. They seem to be high quality, but I've never heard of the brand or maker. Anyone?

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the word sozzi is the plural of sozzo = dirty, filthy, foul. They at least have a sense of humor
Seriously, it's probably the founder's name, as it is also a last name.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sozzi Calze is the company's name, I think. At least that's the best I could come up with in a google search. I take it as a good sign that Korshak carries the socks. Perhaps I'll go buy a couple of pairs today (I've got a Filene's one block from my office) to give them a try.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kabert, did you buy the over the calf cashmere version? I saw these at my FB and they were incredible -- but at $30 a pair way too rich for me.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sozzi Calze is the company's name, I think.  At least that's the best I could come up with in a google search.  I take it as a good sign that Korshak carries the socks.  Perhaps I'll go buy a couple of pairs today (I've got a Filene's one block from my office) to give them a try.
Calze simply means socks. Sozzi socks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.