• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Social Life: how far do your Facebook friends extend?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
mostly family and real friends, also some classmates, coworkers and forum people but people i've actually talked to more than once. i get friends requests from classmates from high school who i wasn't friend with then so why would i want to be e-friends with them now? i don't care about their life! ugh.

We never talk anymore...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm 24 and not yet fully immersed in the professional world. My profile is private, but I'm not terribly strict with my screening process for friend requests. If I know the person and have gotten along with them in some context, I'll usually add them. I never go add someone I only minimally know.

I keep my profile pretty sanitized. I have more family on there as friends now, so my status updates, though not bland, usually omit profanity and stuff like that. I never got into the "post 320 pictures of me boozing" thing, so I'm good on that front.

People should be aware of what content they post and allow others to post concerning them. I've met a couple of people who thrive on making examples of people for letting anyone with the 'net see anything incriminating about themselves.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
mostly family and real friends, also some classmates, coworkers and forum people but people i've actually talked to more than once. i get friends requests from classmates from high school who i wasn't friend with then so why would i want to be e-friends with them now? i don't care about their life! ugh.

I get these sporadically. I think I'm already Facebook friends with pretty much anyone I considered a good friend through my schooling career. So when I get requests from former classmates, it's almost always someone I either didn't get along with or never talked to. Just because you recognize me from high school doesn't mean you have to request me as an e-friend.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
(...)

People should be aware of what content they post and allow others to post concerning them. I've met a couple of people who thrive on making examples of people for letting anyone with the 'net see anything incriminating about themselves.

I have relatives - one in particular - like that (here's me pased out on the floor with a bottle in my hand), so for the most part the e-friends thing is mostly pretty tame. Oh, I did have an ex-gf who put a racy comment on a picture in jest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads