• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a feeling Balotelli was due for a good match. Both teams played good, Germany need to tighten up, their attacking style leaves them exposed. Italy beat them to the punch and scored first, they played well though so im not feeling too bitter about it.
One thing i dont agree with is Germany's starting squad. Podolski wasnt playing well all tournament. Schurrle and Reus played well, shouldve went with them imo. Bastian wasnt at his best either. Defense made a couple of mistakes. Lahm's was uncharacteristic in messing up the offside trap on 2nd goal but Badstuber i feel always has a few of those gaffes.

Selection wasn't right, Gomez was poor (he was due for an off night) and they played far too lazy in the first half. Gave it away. This is not to say that Italy didn't deserve the win--they did. But a game against Germany playing their best and Spain at their best would be better than Italy. My opinion.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Opinions are like assholes, Burton.
Spain can't field their proper team Sunday and Italy is looking good despite your armchair review.
I have Italy over Spain, 2-1

EL- those nikes look beast. They must be mega comfortable.

Last edited:

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Last post before the Canada Day holiday weekend so should post my prediction here. Got the GER-ITA score right and if Ronaldo had cooperated I had the other as well.

ESP 0 : 2 ITA

Enjoy the weekend and the game.

Quatsch

Reaction score
Missed the game yesterday and now I'm watching the replay. Buffon really seems like a nice and affable fellow.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok, yes - had forgotten about the old setup.
Eye candy for any other players - snapped a pic of my boot collection for Soccerbible's Friday Fan Gallery. Nerdy, yes, but love me my boots! (and this is SF, after all...)

Nike WC2010 CTR Maestri Elite
Nike Tiempo Legend III, custom blackout
Adidas Adipure I
Miadidas F50 Tunit
Adidas F50 Tunit

Bottom middle and bottom right are vile. I wear the white/navy striped AdiPures. Love that classic look.

Quatsch

Reaction score

Ok, yes - had forgotten about the old setup.
Eye candy for any other players - snapped a pic of my boot collection for Soccerbible's Friday Fan Gallery. Nerdy, yes, but love me my boots! (and this is SF, after all...)

Nike WC2010 CTR Maestri Elite
Nike Tiempo Legend III, custom blackout
Adidas Adipure I
Miadidas F50 Tunit
Adidas F50 Tunit

I loved the look of those f50 tunits in green and blue - one of Adidas's best designs.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do you think Fritzl had a bad relationship with a Fraulein?

well, that's the question???

on a random note: i'm really disappointted that you cannot see the historical coherence....

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fritlz- when you saw the Blutwurst between her legs was that the tipping point when you decided to loath the Krauts?

???

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After 10 minutes I couldn't believe that Germany didnt have 2 goals. Their start was amazing. In fact, I still don't understand where they let it go.

Italy had a brilliant moment of skill for that first goal, and then whoa.... that 2nd goal by Balotelli was incredible. Incredible. Goal of the tournament.

It was actually a great game to watch. Surprised by the result.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Again, I think this final will be a snooze fest. Italy is not that good. I have watched Italian teams from 1982 until today and this team is not in the league of some of the better Italian teams. So I repeat I do not believe the final will be a great game. Perhaps I will be wrong.

perhaps. imo, german is a fwocking awful side that cannot play great teams. they can shout out like no one else...

there are rumors that jogi is gay... ...cassano would kill him, as he already did. nvm.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Opinions are like assholes, Burton.
Spain can't field their proper team Sunday and Italy is looking good despite your armchair review.
I have Italy over Spain, 2-1
EL- those nikes look beast. They must be mega comfortable.

It is so difficult communicating with people like this. My analysis is mine unlike your quips were are poorly placed bromides.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

After 10 minutes I couldn't believe that Germany didnt have 2 goals.

gigi made two mistakes, which would have been sent to two german shin goals - the rest would have been history.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is so difficult communicating with people like this. My analysis is mine unlike your quips were are poorly placed bromides.

Cassano is a real beaut. Almost a queen himself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads