1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

From the recommended videos on that Garth Crooks one.

2. Oleg

Oleg Senior member

you're concern for the rest of Scottish football is touching but old firm games these days have negligible arrests. Jock Stein said the outlet provided by football was all that prevented Glasgow from being like Belfast but he was wrong. Apart from a few songs at the fitba, nobody would even talk about sectarianism in Scotland. All pish and wind for 90 minutes on a Saturday.
    As for Div3, it was felt that going there would be a way of drawing a line under the whole debacle but it seems the SFA head won't allow that as we made him look bad. Scots football heading even more rapidly round the u bend than before. Ach well, Annan Athletic it is.

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Negligible arrests because Lanarkshire plod spend half their annual budget policing them? What about the trouble in Northern Ireland, you're not telling me that the PSNI don't spend a shitload of money on this game?

Protestant - Catholic sectarianism was first found in Glasgow and exported to Northern Ireland before it grew in intensity in the 60s, not one attendant of the first Irish Republican meeting was a Catholic.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    That shit simply amazes me. The states has nothing like this. It's crazy to me.

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

In the seventies or eighties , it must have been awful being a black player..

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

For some reason this headline made me chuckle. Can you imagine how much money changes hands when unspecified "Russians" hand over an "undisclosed amount of money" to their Russian pal who is already a 14x billionaire? lol

I love Russia. fuckyah Russia.

[​IMG]

Kalinka

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Undisclosed amount given by undisclosed Russians...:crackup:

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Beyond PSG and Chelsea splashing the cash this window, it's been relatively quiet (don't know if that's just because we're only in July or what)

Makes me think that clubs are buckling up the belt for when FFP drops. If this is any indication, you may have the reemergence of the one-club player fairly soon.

9. romafan

romafan Senior member

He's never left us
    [​IMG]

* that's the universal 'us', not the roma faithful 'us'

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  10. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Its a weird place, I honestly felt more at home in Thailand than I did in Belfast its worth a visit before they get rid of all the paramilitary murals, possibly ahead of any UK city besides London.

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Soccer

Would love to watch the Chelsea v PSG match at Yankee Stadium even without all the signings being exhibited. Sounders will be crushed but at least it will allow Chelsea to play a respectable attacking game

Pretty quiet all around in regards to transfers, though there are some interesting stories to watch

12. El Argentino

Really? Couldn't have anticipated that... :brick:

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

The new hires will want to prove themselves, so it should be quite watchable for a friendly.

[CFC have long had a respectable attacking game btw. :)...... are you arsenal in disguise? ]

14. El Argentino

True - beyond last season's bus parking, Chelsea have often played a rather attacking game

15. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Oh the woes of an Arsenal fan. A month ago, everything was good. Podolski and Giroud signed and Arsenal was rumored into being involved with a plethora of players with M'Villa looking locked up. Then in typical Arsenal fashion, a top player, RvP states he won't renew his contract. So now it looks like we are losing him, M'Villa rumors go out the door because of his attitude at Euros, nobody wants Arshavin, Walcott may want out since RvP wants out, and everything else goes dry. Oh how being an Arsenal fan can be frustrating. As soon as everything appears to be going nice and excitement is in the air...it reverses course because of one moment.

So what's next? Reports are that RvP is being courted by Man City (surprise) and Juventus. Personally I'd tell Man City to fuck off, tell RvP he won't be playing in England, and work with Juventus or any other foreign team on a transfer fee. Other reports are that Arsenal are intent on not selling RvP, hoping that with the additions they win trophies, and RvP resigns at the end of the year. Risky move. Aside from that debacle, apparently Arsenal are on the verge of signing M'Baye Niang...but that's a long term project. Reports are that Ibrahim Afellay has snubbed Lille in an attempt to move to Arsenal. Now this I find intriguing. For one, I really like Afellay so I think he'd be a quality addition. Secondly, he's really good friends with RvP. So could this be the addition that has RvP reverse course like Rooney of a few years ago? Who knows but hopefully this turns around and some more good news starts coming in for a change. Really need to add some defensive depth as well. Midfield could use some depth and I don't know why they haven't made a bigger run for Dempsey, stating he wants CL football and by all comments, basically singled out Arsenal as a destination of preference.

16. the shah

the shah Senior member

^ see, it's not just me, any time an arsenal fan starts to lament it ends up being some depressing soliloquy :laugh:

best thing is that the insolent child Theo now thinks he is deserving of a massive contract, for what I could not say

i guess if you ignore the Jose years and all the seasons after they used his playbook then yeah it's true :p

17. the shah

the shah Senior member

looks like it's 23m eur for Z !

total transfer fees , he tops the list

[​IMG]

18. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

No Zidane?

He only changed clubs three times as a recognized pro..

19. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

PSG has now a very good team...

Ibra, Pastore,Lavezzi, Menez, Matuidi.Sissoko ,Thagio Motta ,Alex ,thiago Silva..

All very good players..

Sakho,Gameiro are also French internationals

20. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

that mino raiola is indeed one of the best and sneakiest agents in the world.