• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Germany > Italy
Spain > Portugal
Germany > Spain

Might be the first time we've ever agreed.

I think Germany will win. 50/50 on Spain over Portugal. The Spanish team seems a bit tired of winning. They've had it pretty easy this tournament and the French provided no resistance to really see if this team wants it.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

xudisco07

Reaction score

I think some of the people questioning or outright critizing Balotelli may want to stop and think he has only 12 caps and Sunday was only the third time he has played an entire match for 'gli Azzurri (other two were friendlies). He has only had spot appearances in 6 of the matches with much more playing time only starting against Spain two weeks ago.
We are seeing him develop right in this tourney for the most part.
With respect to his volatile temperment which I am well aware, what have we seen of that outside the first 15 minutes of the Spain game? We haven't. The guy has been stone faced and resolute barely any frustration. Yes, yes the goal "celebration" - seriously much ado about nothing.
He could have done better but again lots of strikers blow chances. Inzaghi is famous for it and ever heard of Fernando Torres???
My avatar gives it away of course, so I hope for the best Thursday (and beyond?). The dominance over Germany could finally give way but that is why they actually play the games.
Best four nations are in the final four no doubt. Groups A and D were horrible so just that is its B&C represented. My predictions (hope).
ESP 0 : 1 POR
GER1 : 2 ITA
POR 0 : 1 ITA

I do not see Italy beating Germany at all. Then again I have a dislike (maybe irrational) for the Italians because they are so dramatic and the whole match fixing scandals. I am still very confused that Pirlo is only 33, he looks like he is at least 45. As we have all said, his penalty was fantastic.

All the teams in the quarter final games looked like they were playing in 2nd gear. France gave up at 60 minutes and Spain gave up after 40. I only saw half of the Italy v England game, but it looked about the same. I hope the semi final games will be better.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This.
The guy is nutty. Trying to defend him would be a pretty useless exercise. He stayed calm a few times for Man City and Inter, but even Mourinho said he was the dumbest player he's ever coached. He may look composed right now but he'll lose it. Maybe not in this tournament but it will happen.
He looks like a world class tosser right there. Dude needs a SF membership, and quick.

SW&D will love him...

He is the black version of Hermes Man with thousands of times his spending power..

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

but even Mourinho said he was the dumbest player he's ever coached.

this quote belonged to marko arnautovic. balo played while at inter. marko not.

pls. check your sources.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since this is Styleforum, we must also celebrate Batolelli's many other facets besides his football talent.   Here, he is in "retail therapy" after Raffaela found about the hooker.

What shoes are those?  D&Gs?

He looks like a world class tosser right there. Dude needs a SF membership, and quick.

But wud teh muzcular thighs be 2 bigz fer teh denims?!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I only saw half of the Italy v England game, but it looked about the same. I hope the semi final games will be better.

a lot of the experts agreed that this was the best of the quarters by a far mile.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a lot of the experts agreed that this was the best of the quarters by a far mile.

It was. It was an absolutely brilliant game unless you're a blind Englishman. Attacking was great (if not represented on the scoresheet) and a lot of players showed who they truly are (for better or worse). I was enthralled for all 120 minutes.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It was. It was an absolutely brilliant game unless you're a blind Englishman. Attacking was great (if not represented on the scoresheet) and a lot of players showed who they truly are (for better or worse). I was enthralled for all 120 minutes.

The German game had great goals..

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The German game had great goals..

That's true - but I didn't expect Greece to put up any real resistance at all. Only after Samaras' goal was the game suddenly interesting beyond, "whelp, the Euro quarters are on!"

If you follow me.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Again, just barely wrapped up a replay.
De Rossi and Pirlo. LIKE A FREAKING BOSS ALL GAME.
Pirlo's penalty made me break into laughter - such a player.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Balotelli constantly looks like he's on the verge of completely going insane. Maybe that's just his rep speaking louder, but DANG.
Hart's demon faces trying to psych out pk shooters was hilarious.
Gerrard had a good game. So did Lescott and Terry. Everyone else went missing. England is not the footballing power that everyone wants to believe they are, and shouldn't be in the top-10 in the world. Probably even lower than that.
nod[1].gif
Besides the first chance, De Rossi was quiet, would have subbed him first

they don't have class, imo.
it's hard too understand why balotelli stayed on the field, particularly in this game.
Because he was putting shots on goal all 90 minutes? If Italy played to their strikers instead of crossing to mids, they would have been far more effective on the wings and if he had any support at all up top, he'd have probably put a couple in. When he wasn't alone in the box, he was placing some very nice passes and really showing his quality

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw Balotelli playing against Chelsea in december last year..

He was very good in that game..

He scored a good goal and created a lot of problems to the Chelsea defenders..

The guy is a dick but he is also a great player..

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Because he was putting shots on goal all 90 minutes? If Italy played to their strikers instead of crossing to mids, they would have been far more effective on the wings and if he had any support at all up top, he'd have probably put a couple in. When he wasn't alone in the box, he was placing some very nice passes and really showing his quality

everyone has his pov. yesterday, he was sort of cautious, imo, and i was afraid that he will miss his pk. anyway.

now up for sending the krauts home.

green bastard

Reaction score

It is difficult for us to understand neighbour rivalry...
It is the same all around the world...
I knew of the Dutch /German or Polish/German rivalries but I wasn't aware of the Austrian one..
In France ,we like to beat the Germans and the Italians but I do respect them especially when they play well..

Me neither.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads