• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

From my experience, its simply defined by the individual and his/her interpretation. He thinks Germany is arrogant while I don't (I hold German and Canadian passports). German/Polish is a big one as well as German/Turkish (I personally dislike the Turkish culture). Each country perceives the other in different ways. Some though are more stubborn than others and will not give credit where credit is due.

Didnt they like team up for the war 'n ****?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

On a more serious note , you really do not find the German team talented?

talented? well this is an attribute for children, when they start school. yes, they are talented.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bigger countries tend to be more disliked than smaller ones due to military expeditions , invasions and so on..
Fritzl is a nice guy even if he is very stubborn and focused...
I love in England and my friends are essentially French , Dutch ,German and of course English..
With a bit of respect , rivalry is a great thing..

stubborn? well, ok. this is not the only place i talk about and inform me about football. this team might be effective to a certain point but it absolutely lacks of personalities.

imo, this is an important factor to the game.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It is difficult for us to understand neighbour rivalry...
It is the same all around the world...
I knew of the Dutch /German or Polish/German rivalries but I wasn't aware of the Austrian one..
In France ,we like to beat the Germans and the Italians but I do respect them especially when they play well..

is there something missing in the sentence?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

is there something missing in the sentence?

What?

Rivalries are vary with the sports involved because to have a rivalry you must have a sporting history with that particular country..

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What?
Rivalries are vary with the sports involved because to have a rivalry you must have a sporting history with that particular country..

are you kidding me? what do you think this rivalry comes from??? it's probably one of the most evident in european football.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

are you kidding me? what do you think this rivalry comes from??? it's probably one of the most evident in european football.

I know Austria had a great team pre-war and some players were deported and pshed to kill themselves ...

I do not really know the story..

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares why Austrians and Germans don't like each other? The German NT is very good and has a very good chance of winning Euro 2012. Fritzl can try to deny that as much as he likes, but pretty much everyone else in the world agrees.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Batolelli has crazy talent, youth,and when he's on is huge. I think it might help the Italian team. Di natale should start against Germany and then at half depending on what's up put in Batotelli.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Batolelli has crazy talent, youth,and when he's on is huge. I think it might help the Italian team. Di natale should start against Germany and then at half depending on what's up put in Batotelli.

I love watching Balotelli playing..

He is a great player but put under pressure , he can be a bit of a loose canon..

Last edited:

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
I think some of the people questioning or outright critizing Balotelli may want to stop and think he has only 12 caps and Sunday was only the third time he has played an entire match for 'gli Azzurri (other two were friendlies). He has only had spot appearances in 6 of the matches with much more playing time only starting against Spain two weeks ago.

We are seeing him develop right in this tourney for the most part.

With respect to his volatile temperment which I am well aware, what have we seen of that outside the first 15 minutes of the Spain game? We haven't. The guy has been stone faced and resolute barely any frustration. Yes, yes the goal "celebration" - seriously much ado about nothing.

He could have done better but again lots of strikers blow chances. Inzaghi is famous for it and ever heard of Fernando Torres???

My avatar gives it away of course, so I hope for the best Thursday (and beyond?). The dominance over Germany could finally give way but that is why they actually play the games.

Best four nations are in the final four no doubt. Groups A and D were horrible so just that is its B&C represented. My predictions (hope).

ESP 0 : 1 POR
GER1 : 2 ITA

POR 0 : 1 ITA

dufferin1

Reaction score
He's a great player but his attitude over the last couple of years has been sort of ridiculous. He does seem to be improving though.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think some of the people questioning or outright critizing Balotelli may want to stop and think he has only 12 caps and Sunday was only the third time he has played an entire match for 'gli Azzurri (other two were friendlies). He has only had spot appearances in 6 of the matches with much more playing time only starting against Spain two weeks ago.
We are seeing him develop right in this tourney for the most part.
With respect to his volatile temperment which I am well aware, what have we seen of that outside the first 15 minutes of the Spain game? We haven't. The guy has been stone faced and resolute barely any frustration. Yes, yes the goal "celebration" - seriously much ado about nothing.
He could have done better but again lots of strikers blow chances. Inzaghi is famous for it and ever heard of Fernando Torres???
My avatar gives it away of course, so I hope for the best Thursday (and beyond?). The dominance over Germany could finally give way but that is why they actually play the games.
Best four nations are in the final four no doubt. Groups A and D were horrible so just that is its B&C represented. My predictions (hope).
ESP 0 : 1 POR
GER1 : 2 ITA
POR 0 : 1 ITA

He's a great player but his attitude over the last couple of years has been sort of ridiculous. He does seem to be improving though.

This.

The guy is nutty. Trying to defend him would be a pretty useless exercise. He stayed calm a few times for Man City and Inter, but even Mourinho said he was the dumbest player he's ever coached. He may look composed right now but he'll lose it. Maybe not in this tournament but it will happen.

Since this is Styleforum, we must also celebrate Batolelli's many other facets besides his football talent.   Here, he is in "retail therapy" after Raffaela found about the hooker.

What shoes are those?  D&Gs?

He looks like a world class tosser right there. Dude needs a SF membership, and quick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads