1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

A Tevez and a Kun..:slayer:

2. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen guaranteed in the next Champions League season. Schalke most likely to make it to the qualification.
    I think the Bundesliga will again be doing very well in the upcomming season.

Also very happy to see my team, Eintracht Frankfurt, win today.
    Chances to make it to the Euro League qualification are very good now and the money gained from a spot in the group stage would be very useful to buy 1-2 new players, preferably a new striker.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Gareth Bale:

Premier League footballer of the year.

Hit the winner yesterday with a beauty.

But, no.... not the 3rd best player in the world.

I'm serving crow for dinner in case anyone wants to concede the point.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  4. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

I'm pretty sure there have been plenty of players that have scored winners and been chosen for Premier League footballer of the year. Doesn't mean they're the 3rd best in the world.

Bale won the award totally deservedly, but he's still not the 3rd best player. Just maybe, he had the 3rd best season of anybody in the world this year. One season doesn't tell your true class though. Not enough to put him the likes of Ribery, Iniesta, Zlatan...

5. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

I rather see Frankfurt in the CL than Schalke..They deserved it! I love this team and their coach. I think he is one of the best in Germany. I put him on the same level together with Heynkes and Klopp.

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

Mata :slayer: Also, nice work Mr Benitez managing an impossible run of games.

Huge match on Wednesday. Spurs basically must win, so it is guaranteed to be interesting. If Bale scores the winner then I will truly be impressed. I hope AVB gets a decent reception. bygones....

7. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

Since I want Arsenal on 3rd or 4th place I hope Chelsea wins this or atleast ties this!

8. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I too do not like Schalke, but looking at it realisticly, CL is just too much for Eintracht at this point of time.
    Fans of SGE tradtionally tend to be megalomaniac and making it to the CL (qualification) would mean they would go absolutely crazy, asking for players the club can't afford and boo at the team whenever they show a single poor match.
    As a fan of the club for a whole lot of years and having experienced several drops to the second division first hand, I just hope they will settle in the first half to third of the league for some years and slowly but steadily build financial reserves so that one day they can carefully aim for European tournaments instead of doing it rashly like in the past.
    Also I somehow fear the exposure of our young talented players - Trapp, Zambrano, Anderson, Ozicpka, Jung, Rode, Stendera and Kempf to bigger clubs.
    I would love to see them play for Eintracht for a few more years.
    Same goes for Armin Veh, Heribert Bruchhagen and Bruno Hübner they are very healthy for the club and every fan should hope they will stay with us as long as possible.

9. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

Chelsea - Tottenham any predictions?
    Since I am an arsenal supporter, I assume they end the season with 73 points.
    Tottenham has 65 and with a loss they will end with 71 points ( draw 72 points).
    Chelsea has 68 points and will most likely get 3rd with a win against Tottenham (71 points with 2 matches in hand).

A draw would mean Chelsea end with 75 points and Tottenham with 72 points.
    Even though Chelsea mustn't win against Tottenham to get a CL spot they want to end the season as soon as possible.
    I predict a draw! And I hope!

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  10. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Even if it´s in spanish, people can the gist of it, right? Basically it shows how the media in spain works and how it can affect a person´s opinion. They have some truly crappy and sensationalist press over there.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

While I don't think Mou is a white knight, that's hilarious.

12. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Sir Alex Ferguson has announced his retirement.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Press is touting Moyes as the gapfiller. Mourinho to swoop in like a hawk?

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

It is a shame to see SAF retire, but it had to happen eventually. The game will be less interesting without him.

I don't see how United can maintain their record of success going forward. SAF was a master at getting the most out of his players whether he had a good or mediocre squad that year. It is too much to expect anyone else to equal him in that regard.

16. DLester

DLester Senior member

I think Chelsea will win today, but I am not especially confident about that. I saw this comment in the DM and thought it was funny: "Tottenham have had more Bale-outs than Greece, Cyprus, Ireland and Spain put together."

Also:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  17. backtaro

backtaro Senior member

Farewell to Sir Alex Ferguson. I will not forget what you have done for MU, for all the fan and for me.

18. DLester

DLester Senior member

"the last time Spurs won at Chelsea, Sir Alex Ferguson was yet to win a trophy at Man Utd."

— Sky Sports Statto

19. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

I hope next year refs will no longer be afraid to give calls against united.

I love that Nando's stayed open 5 minutes late in honor of Fergie time.

20. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Figures your a Man U ball licker.

Mourinho is taking over. I'll wager on it to all comers, except neo.... he'd want to comer in my mouth and I don't partake.