• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

tullytra

Reaction score
Maybe the racism won't be as prevalent once people have to pay to see teams.

http://espnfc.com/us/en/news/1089999/dutch-players-hear-racist-chants.html

Concerns over potential racism from fans at Euro 2012 came to the forefront Thursday when black players for the Netherlands heard monkey chants at an open training session, one day before the tournament opens.

According to a report in British newspaper The Guardian, hundreds of the 25,000 people in attendance in Krakow, Poland, targeted players Nigel de Jong and Gregory van der Wiel with monkey noises and loud jeers.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Racism in football is still widely prevalent nowadays. It is sickening.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Racism in football is still widely prevalent nowadays. It is sickening.

Most racist thing you'll hear at a football ground in England these days. Most black people who get it realise we quite like Radebe and Yeboah and that the only chants that are intended to be offensive are the Munich/Istanbul/Hillsborough ones.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maybe the racism won't be as prevalent once people have to pay to see teams.
http://espnfc.com/us/en/news/1089999/dutch-players-hear-racist-chants.html
Concerns over potential racism from fans at Euro 2012 came to the forefront Thursday when black players for the Netherlands heard monkey chants at an open training session, one day before the tournament opens.
According to a report in British newspaper The Guardian, hundreds of the 25,000 people in attendance in Krakow, Poland, targeted players Nigel de Jong and Gregory van der Wiel with monkey noises and loud jeers.

Welcome to the real world..

Most fans on this thread are well balanced individuals but it is nt the case of the average football supporters..

I went to see Chelsea twice this year and some racist comments were directed to other Chelsea fans by die hard blues..

tullytra

Reaction score

Welcome to the real world..
Most fans on this thread are well balanced individuals but it is nt the case of the average football supporters..
I went to see Chelsea twice this year and some racist comments were directed to other Chelsea fans by die hard blues..

My head isn't in the sand about racism, but I'm thinking that once people have to pay to get in and see teams instead of free training sessions it will fall in-stadium. Would Poles and Ukrainians really purchase a ticket to watch Netherlands-Denmark just to chant racist things at De Jong and Van Der Wiel? I'd like to think that the scum who do that don't have the extra income to be able to buy a ticket for that purpose.

In other news, today finally :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :satisfied: :satisfied: :satisfied: :satisfied:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My head isn't in the sand about racism, but I'm thinking that once people have to pay to get in and see teams instead of free training sessions it will fall in-stadium. Would Poles and Ukrainians really purchase a ticket to watch Netherlands-Denmark just to chant racist things at De Jong and Van Der Wiel? I'd like to think that the scum who do that don't have the extra income to be able to buy a ticket for that purpose.
In other news, today finally :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :satisfied: :satisfied: :satisfied: :satisfied:

They know their countries have been criticized for that particular problem..

Why doing something that stupid because your team has not been selected to host a match..

They're morons...

Eastern Europeans I know of are sadly very racist towards black people.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happens when Poland play Holland/France/England? They will be going to the games because their team is playing and its quite easy to sneak into a football ground without a ticket, that's assuming they don't just kick the exits down.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What happens when Poland play Holland/France/England? They will be going to the games because their team is playing and its quite easy to sneak into a football ground without a ticket, that's assuming they don't just kick the exits down.

Luckily Rio is not coming..:)

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luckily Rio is not coming..:)
We are not innocent of the racism either it seems. Hodgson is a racist, otherwise he would have taken Rio. And the other 7 black players in the 23 man squad.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
hahaha that's just the nonsense being peddled by the media so they all have an excuse and scape-goat when things go horribly wrong. hell, the best back 5 doesn't even include terry but hodgson isn't brave enough to make two big smart moves in one go.

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are not innocent of the racism either it seems. Hodgson is a racist, otherwise he would have taken Rio. And the other 7 black players in the 23 man squad.

I think Micah Richards being left out is a travesty. He has played really well for City this year. Rio isn't such a big loss, he is just a big donkey.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hahaha that's just the nonsense being peddled by the media so they all have an excuse and scape-goat when things go horribly wrong. hell, the best back 5 doesn't even include terry but hodgson isn't brave enough to make two big smart moves in one go.
The media were gunning for him before he was even offered the job, dropping their two past it darlings would make the muckraking start ASAP.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think Micah Richards being left out is a travesty. He has played really well for City this year. Rio isn't such a big loss, he is just a big donkey.

He's injured, as in Kyle Walker, or they would both be in there ahead of Glen Johnson.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First time I have ever agreed with you. Leaving Rio out was a feckless move by a mediocre coach who will no doubt underperform the already reduced expectations the world has for the English team.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads