Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

Schweinsteiger on penalties.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Not really..

The last one was gross shite.

3. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

Players better than shweini missed penalties. Give him a break,if messi or robben scored theirs than Chelsea wouldn't have seen the final.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

After being very publicly boo'd by Bayern fans in the Bay/Holland friendly, Robben is being courted by other clubs. A lot of people coming out with apologies from Munich, saying it was a shameful thing, and other dutch players saying he'd be completely justified for jumping ship.

5. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

It's not shameful, and it's not justification to leave the club. He missed a penalty that more than likely would have given them the Champions League. He deserves the boos.

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

Well I wouldn't have booed him unless I wanted him to leave the club and never play for them again.

I can understand sometimes booing players on your own team if they are being obviously lazy, don't care and do not give the team their all. Lack of effort is inexcusable. But that is not the case with Robben. He worked hard for Bayern during the game, and I understand he did a lot to get them in the final to begin with. He seems personally tormented by the loss.

I have always had somewhat positive thoughts towards Bayern, but I am starting to revise that. I did not like the sense of entitlement from the club or fans. "Unser Pokal' was just a small part of the smug, premature victory lap. The booing of Robben further reflects badly on them.

Robben, you can come back to Chelsea if you would like.

Last edited: May 23, 2012

7. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

Poor Robben,he was a penalty away from CL glory and a good finish when one on one from WC 2010...I wouldnt mind him moving to Inter.

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

[​IMG]

:confused:

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I have always had somewhat positive thoughts towards Bayern, but I am starting to revise that. I did not like the sense of entitlement from the club or fans. "Unser Pokal' was just a small part of the smug, premature victory lap. The booing of Robben further reflects badly on them.
    Robben, you can come back to Chelsea if you would like.[/quote]

He was at Chelsea at one point and it didn't go well either.

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

His time there was a mixed bag. He gave Chelsea width and pace along the touchline. Chelsea haven't found a good replacement for him, and this is in part why they play a narrower game than other teams.

So why did Chelsea get rid of him? He was frequently injured, so he could not be relied upon. They couldn't build a team around his style of play. Jose always preferred strong players (Essien, Drogba) anyway, so it was a good excuse to move him on.

I don't follow his career closely anymore, but I understand he has fewer injury problems now.

Last edited: May 24, 2012

11. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

I would argue that Damien Duff was a more important player for Chelsea, and it was he they were never able to replace (with Robben being one of the failed attempts).

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Damien Duff was good at Chelsea..

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

hahah I was actually going to mention Duff in my post but I figured that no one would remember about all that. I always liked Duff.

Robben in the old days, with Kezman. This pic is from a friendly game in 04 against Celtic. I was there, but this is not my pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2012

14. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Jesus, he looks so young there. Granted, he looks 45 now, so not really an accomplishment.

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Robben is going to have to build himself a bigger garage to store all of his Runner-Up hardware.