• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ohh and I hope Germany and Holland make it to the final and hopefully Spain and England crash out early.
smile.gif

Schweinsteiger on penalties.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After being very publicly boo'd by Bayern fans in the Bay/Holland friendly, Robben is being courted by other clubs. A lot of people coming out with apologies from Munich, saying it was a shameful thing, and other dutch players saying he'd be completely justified for jumping ship.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After being very publicly boo'd by Bayern fans in the Bay/Holland friendly, Robben is being courted by other clubs. A lot of people coming out with apologies from Munich, saying it was a shameful thing, and other dutch players saying he'd be completely justified for jumping ship.

It's not shameful, and it's not justification to leave the club. He missed a penalty that more than likely would have given them the Champions League. He deserves the boos.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not shameful, and it's not justification to leave the club. He missed a penalty that more than likely would have given them the Champions League. He deserves the boos.

Well I wouldn't have booed him unless I wanted him to leave the club and never play for them again.

I can understand sometimes booing players on your own team if they are being obviously lazy, don't care and do not give the team their all. Lack of effort is inexcusable. But that is not the case with Robben. He worked hard for Bayern during the game, and I understand he did a lot to get them in the final to begin with. He seems personally tormented by the loss.

I have always had somewhat positive thoughts towards Bayern, but I am starting to revise that. I did not like the sense of entitlement from the club or fans. "Unser Pokal' was just a small part of the smug, premature victory lap. The booing of Robben further reflects badly on them.

Robben, you can come back to Chelsea if you would like.

Last edited:

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Poor Robben,he was a penalty away from CL glory and a good finish when one on one from WC 2010...I wouldnt mind him moving to Inter.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have always had somewhat positive thoughts towards Bayern, but I am starting to revise that. I did not like the sense of entitlement from the club or fans. "Unser Pokal' was just a small part of the smug, premature victory lap. The booing of Robben further reflects badly on them.
Robben, you can come back to Chelsea if you would like.[/quote]

He was at Chelsea at one point and it didn't go well either.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He was at Chelsea at one point and it didn't go well either.

His time there was a mixed bag. He gave Chelsea width and pace along the touchline. Chelsea haven't found a good replacement for him, and this is in part why they play a narrower game than other teams.

So why did Chelsea get rid of him? He was frequently injured, so he could not be relied upon. They couldn't build a team around his style of play. Jose always preferred strong players (Essien, Drogba) anyway, so it was a good excuse to move him on.

I don't follow his career closely anymore, but I understand he has fewer injury problems now.

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

His time there was a mixed bag. He gave Chelsea width and pace along the touchline. Chelsea haven't found a good replacement for him, and this is in part why they play a narrower game than other teams.
So why did Chelsea get rid of him? He was frequently injured, so he could not be relied upon. They couldn't build a team around his style of play. Jose always preferred strong players (Essien, Drogba) anyway, so it was a good excuse to move him on.
I don't follow his career closely anymore, but I understand he has fewer injury problems now.

I would argue that Damien Duff was a more important player for Chelsea, and it was he they were never able to replace (with Robben being one of the failed attempts).

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would argue that Damien Duff was a more important player for Chelsea, and it was he they were never able to replace (with Robben being one of the failed attempts).

Damien Duff was good at Chelsea..

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damien Duff was good at Chelsea..

hahah I was actually going to mention Duff in my post but I figured that no one would remember about all that. I always liked Duff.

Robben in the old days, with Kezman. This pic is from a friendly game in 04 against Celtic. I was there, but this is not my pic.

0vqNq.jpg

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus, he looks so young there. Granted, he looks 45 now, so not really an accomplishment.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Robben is going to have to build himself a bigger garage to store all of his Runner-Up hardware.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads