1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Dangerous play, but not a red card. He was going for the ball. Took a risk but definitely a yellow card. Modric looked good. Cannot get over this Verane kid... what a stud.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Dortmund were superb. Best team in Europe. Wow. Santana is a monster in defense. Wow, what a side. I'm telling you this team can with the whole thing.

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

If Pepe had kicked Giggs in the chest like that, SAF would have been howling for a red card.

The sending-off altered the balance of the game, but not because it made United so much weaker. The difference was that it spurred Jose to put Modric on, and Modric scored a wonder goal.

If Modric hadn't hit that, I think United would have held out. I have seen 10 men play better than 11 after a sending off, so United were not condemned to lose at that point.

But after Modric scores, United are stunned and soon afterwards Modric helps create the second goal.

Odd to think that Modric is the hero of Madrid now, given that they flogged him all season.

I watched the game at a bar sitting next to a bunch of Madrid fans. I now know what puta madre means.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Completely agree on Modric going from zero to hero in less than 10 minutes of play.

:D

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

They're underrated for sure..

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Fuck, boring matches tonight

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

This Coutinho kid at Liverpool can play.

8. the shah

the shah Senior member

9. El Argentino

10. the shah

the shah Senior member

lol bale lost control so decided to dive ...

inter are so bad

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

They were awful..

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Stuff like this is a career wrecker. Rooney will end up another Steve McManaman. His form has been average for quite a while now and if I was SAF, I'd be getting sick of him too. He's a pain in the ass to manage, what with the hookers, hair transplants, etc.

13. El Argentino

Tevez facing jail time after being arrested.

:facepalm:.... more and more facepalm.

14. the shah

the shah Senior member

^ guess that inspired him

United are ruining Chelsea within 10 minutes including a very nice FK by Rooney

the commentary on FSC is disgustingly bad who are these clowns

15. the shah

the shah Senior member

ensuring Arsenal stay out of top 4 ----- this is the season, could it be ?! the end of wenger ?!?!? oh please oh please ...
    lol spurs

chelsea is making a strong push !!!!!

also this

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  16. El Argentino

Sometimes you just gotta fall down at the feet of your idols. Especially for young kids like that who grew up during Dinho's heyday, that'd be a great moment.

17. DLester

DLester Senior member

for the Chelski game? uh the clown would be Ian Wright, one of Farsenal's greatest.....

the other guy is annoying though, former US international I believe, forgot his name.

18. DLester

DLester Senior member

Incredible finish by the Blues today. Just amazing.

Also, thanks Spurs.

[hey what happened to Burton and COYS? Their clubs are doing well, they should be around here rubbing our noses in it. That is what I would be doing.]

19. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

Gus Johnson - no soccer affiliation. He's Fox's project for the World Cup 2018.

20. the shah

the shah Senior member

was rhetorical question, i know who they were. gus johnson sucked pretty bad, he doesn't know anything and just yells at seemingly random and inopportune times.

as far as ian wright, sure he was a great player but just as he fathered a failure, hist post-career exploits do not equal having something of value to say other than being the token brit whose accent is meant to vaidate any drivel emanating from the mouth of the savage seated next to him. he was worse than listening to piers morgan at half time wherever that was.