1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Not denying it at all, but in just about every instance I've seen, when someone goes down for a shove or contact to the face it results in cards - justified or not.

2. the shah

the shah Senior member

Messi has never scored against Madrid in a CDR match ... (this should in theory just be another record he'll break later)

Pepe caused a fight after acting funky and flopping following an invisible face shove, sneaking out with a big grin. UltimateTroll :slayer:
    [​IMG]

If ManUtd face this Real Madrid team they are done for. The question is which Real Madrid team will show up...

3. El Argentino

I think that smile was more a "why always me" sort of thing as opposed to "look at me provoke this crap"

4. El Argentino

IE this sort of thing. "Contact," one goes down, cards come out.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

What pepe did was almost equally disgraceful, but he was surrounded by more people so it wasn´t as blatant as this one.

Oh, has anyone seen Puyol´s hip?

[​IMG]

You all know something snapped there.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  6. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

As soon as I saw Pepe being subbed in I thought to myself, "What are the odds he does something to escalate tensions?" Honestly, I would have carded Pepe for being a pussy and a douche. He's my least favorite player.

Busquets I'd card all the time for diving as well.

I don't think I'd make it long as a ref as I'd card people all the time for diving and being pussies.

7. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

No contact to the face. Pepe dove. If you card a Barca player, you def need to card Pepe there.

8. El Argentino

I understand Pepe made way more of it than was there. I'm one of the first Madridistas to think he's a farce.

I'm just saying in light of surrounding history on the pitch, let alone former clasicos where Busquets, Alves, Pedro have gone to ground far too easily, cards should have gone to Barça players for the "shoving".

9. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

Rafa had a new rant today and was sadly right what he said was right. I wonder if he will actually be there until May... Maybe we will try for the manager treble.

1 person likes this.
  10. El Argentino

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. the shah

the shah Senior member

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

farsenal need fewer statues and more trophies......

1 person likes this.
  13. the shah

the shah Senior member

don't worry, Kroenke has invested in 3D printing start-ups

EPL ? FA ? pfff .... we'll have our own !!

1 person likes this.
  14. DLester

DLester Senior member

I am glad I didn't see Rafa's press conference, the whole thing is hard to stomach right now.

wish we had Lukaku back now......

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

shah, will arsene be back next year? I don't know what the solution is.

16. the shah

the shah Senior member

let me call the Emirates ...

i really think it will come down to whether we can get at leaset 4th. i still see no reason why spurs shouldn't collapse by the end of the season, they do it every year and have never finished above us save one occasion in the past century. as i mentioned, even in 2005 when those apes thought they had it in the bag they lost 4th to us in the final minutes of last day.

this sunday could really be defining. in terms of big matches, they have us, inter, pool, inter for the month of april, and in may face chelsea and city. arsenal have spurs, bayern and one later on against united. if we maintain a consistent performance there's a big chance of getting that CL spot = $$$ in the bag for the board = wenger stays. i assume chelsea won't fall too far either. but with rafa .....

if we don't get it, things get really weird and i can't really predict what would happen.

anyway, i know our youth system isn't as productive as it once was (see few years back, the youngsters used to dominate the league cup performances and you'd always find them in the starting lineup mix from time to time, now not as much). but eisfeild is a dark horse tallying 8 goals already

!

17. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

I have a lot of faith in the Arsenal academy and reserves. Lots of promising youngsters

Chuks Aneke and Chuba Akpom look great. There's also the two Barca boys (Toral and Bellerin) and of course Gnabry and Eisfeld.

To think Arsenal could have had Niang too...

18. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior member

Whitecaps new kit for 2013 - subtle changes.

[​IMG]

Bleacher Report on it.

19. the shah

the shah Senior member

[​IMG]
    like two peas in a pod!

[​IMG]
    sup puyol

20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member