• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ronaldo has got to be the corniest footballer right now. Laughable.
Nothing against his footballing ability of course

I didn't get to watch the match as I had one of my own. Can you elaborate?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't get to watch the match as I had one of my own. Can you elaborate?

Not sure what he meant. He played fine and clearly hurt his shoulder but stood his ground. ;)

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
I just think he's really cheesy. Like that "gunslinger" pose he does for freekicks, that's a bit much for me.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just think he's really cheesy. Like that "gunslinger" pose he does for freekicks, that's a bit much for me.

It's fun. I said it once and I'll say it again, I can't understand how you (generalization) can hate on him. There are so many players to pick on who have their own schtick. The good thing for CR7 is that he can handle the hate. Actually, he gains strength from it (which leads to even more "schtickiness" :p). I bet 90% of other professional football players couldn't deal with such a polarization.

I used to really like him a couple years ago, then changed my mind and found it too much for some times. Now I'm back to appreciating him and his schtick and I feel pity for those who rant at him.

Last edited:

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You seriously can't understand how people can hate on him?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
chill guys, i got this
7099750195_31f7dff13c_o.gif

what is this crap
7LtHZ.jpg

very grrrr

63B1EFDB70A26DD54F427027591661.jpg

PS

badkick_medium.gif
tumblr_m9a86yxWDh1r2o0seo3_250.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
No, I totally understand the CR7 appeal and schtick but yeah, I still think he's lame. Great footballer though if we're just going on ability alone

I love Mario Balotelli though and find him almost impossible to hate on.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

untitled-19m0jba.gif

BalotelliParker.gif

I like him too when he doesn't tilt. :)

No, I totally understand the CR7 appeal and schtick but yeah, I still think he's lame. Great footballer though if we're just going on ability alone

It's not that I love his schtick. I love how he plays with the haters. He gains strength from their hate (srs) which shows the ridiculousness of hating on him. The "best" would be to ignore his provocations. But that won't ever happen. And I think it's amusing.

Last edited:

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's fun. I said it once and I'll say it again, I can't understand how you (generalization) can hate on him. There are so many players to pick on who have their own schtick. The good thing for CR7 is that he can handle the hate. Actually, he gains strength from it (which leads to even more "schtickiness" :p). I bet 90% of other professional football players couldn't deal with such a polarization.
I used to really like him a couple years ago, then changed my mind and found it too much for some times. Now I'm back to appreciating him and his schtick and I feel pity for those who rant at him.

Anyone who says "CR7" automatically loses the argument.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rooney starting in midfield looking rather lost, RVP and Welbeck useless up front, and 2 defenders scoring ... United just know how to win I guess
Argentino donde estas ?? Kickoff in 1.5 hrs son better check yoself
(Not looking forward to the diving spectacle , alves biscuits masc sanchez pedro di maria cr7 pepe all warming up in the pool today...)

My hope is that Rooney will look equally lost in midfield every week. I think we will be unbeatable.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My hope is that Rooney will look equally lost in midfield every week. I think we will be unbeatable.

Two assists in the game. Perhaps United have found their Scholes replacement...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, not a bad history at all. It will be great to see West Brom up there competing for a Champions League spot this season. Signing a new 4 year contract with Jonas Olsson was a very clever move. :D
Just saw Messi's free kick for 2-1 to Barca. Unbelievable.

Hanging onto Olsson was a great move.

There's no chance of us competing for the CL, but if we maintain this form we might just challenge for a Europa spot... Finishing higher than 10th would be a decent result though (especially as many were tipping us for relegation before the season started). We're one of the lowest spending clubs in the PL, realistically it's going to take a few good seasons to establish ourselves.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night I saw the Seattle Sounders beat Portland 3-0 in front of over 66,000 fans. Not bad attendance for a regular season MLS game. Great performance from the Sounders, and from the fans. We were loud as hell.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads