• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a few customers for suit fittings so I can't watch the game today. I am texting my brother for updates. I think I got the point when I asked how LP looked and he said "like a morning bowel movement".
Still 0-0 at least we aren't losing.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Rooney starting in midfield looking rather lost, RVP and Welbeck useless up front, and 2 defenders scoring ... United just know how to win I guess

Argentino donde estas ?? Kickoff in 1.5 hrs son better check yoself

(Not looking forward to the diving spectacle , alves biscuits masc sanchez pedro di maria cr7 pepe all warming up in the pool today...)

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its rumored that Kaka might start over ozil today.

Oleg

Reaction score

None of the West Midlands fans really count Stoke as a midlands team. The main rivalry is Villa v Birmingham and West Brom v Wolves. Baggies tolerate Birmingham, but don't hold out much respect for Villa, Wolves tolerate Villa but don't respect Birmingham. We all feel sorry for Walsall who hate all of us...

I know only too well: as a student many moons ago I shared digs with a Villa fan and a Wolves fan and had a West Brom classmate a couple of doors away. Got very shouty at derby time. Villa were decent enough then (Taylor/Big Ron era) and felt themselves to be the aristocrats of West Mids football but the rest of the Birmingham sides were poor. East mids teams were much stronger then: even Notts County were in the top flight.

Always liked the Baggies-as a Ranger, it's probably the Bud Johnston connection. Sadly best remembered for the drugs debacle at the '78 World Cup, he should be better remembered as a great winger, a ridiculously hard bastard, and the player who negotiated a deal for a garden shed with a supporter whilst waiting to take a corner.

And as for Derby, I can think of no criteria at all under which they would be the best team in the midlands except for 'the best midlands team to play in white known as the rams and come from Derby'. And even then, their youth team ran them close.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Argentino donde estas ?? Kickoff in 1.5 hrs son better check yoself
(Not looking forward to the diving spectacle , alves biscuits masc sanchez pedro di maria cr7 pepe all warming up in the pool today...)

Been sick man - but wouldn't miss this game for all the tea in China.

Its rumored that Kaka might start over ozil today.

That hattrick a week ago doesn't hurt his case, along with his great performance in CL. Would be great to finally get some bang for those bucks.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love kaka, maybe not his form so much, but as a person he is along with xabi and casillas the most representative of madrid's values.

Original Anthem (pre placido domingos 'Hala Madrid' 2002)

Club castizo y generoso,
Todo nervio y corazón,
Veteranos y noveles,
Veteranos y noveles,
Miran siempre tus laureles
Con respeto y emoción.

¡Hala Madrid!, ¡Hala Madrid!
Noble y bélico adalid,
Caballero del honor.
¡Hala Madrid!, ¡Hala Madrid!
A triunfar en buena lid,
Defendiendo tu color
¡Hala Madrid!, Hala Madrid!, Hala Madrid! (BIS)

Enemigo en la contienda,
Cuando pierde da la mano
Sin envidias ni rencores,

Translation
Club pure and generous,
All nerve and heart,
Veterans and newcomers,
Veterans and newcomers,
Always look to your laurels
With respect and emotion.

Hala Madrid!, Hala Madrid!
Noble and warlike champion,
Knight of Honor.
Hala Madrid!, Hala Madrid!
A win in a fair fight,
Defending your color
Hala Madrid!, Hala Madrid!, Hala Madrid! (BIS)

Enemy in the race,
When you lose give your hand
Without envy or resentment

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoke securing a scoreless draw at Anfield was the highlight of today. Oh wait, is there a Spanish game on TV too? Might check it out since there is a bowl of popcorn here.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know only too well: as a student many moons ago I shared digs with a Villa fan and a Wolves fan and had a West Brom classmate a couple of doors away. Got very shouty at derby time. Villa were decent enough then (Taylor/Big Ron era) and felt themselves to be the aristocrats of West Mids football but the rest of the Birmingham sides were poor. East mids teams were much stronger then: even Notts County were in the top flight.
Always liked the Baggies-as a Ranger, it's probably the Bud Johnston connection. Sadly best remembered for the drugs debacle at the '78 World Cup, he should be better remembered as a great winger, a ridiculously hard bastard, and the player who negotiated a deal for a garden shed with a supporter whilst waiting to take a corner.
And as for Derby, I can think of no criteria at all under which they would be the best team in the midlands except for 'the best midlands team to play in white known as the rams and come from Derby'. And even then, their youth team ran them close.

The Rams were champions twice. More than you can say of West Brom. Willie Johnston was a speedy winger but he never won the English league. End of debate.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And we're off.

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just having a bit of fun. Kaka definitely among Casillas one of the Madrid players I respect the most. Just not sure if that's what represents Madrid's values.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members