• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the red arrow from Valdés... (the cough-it-up pass)

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
I've made a game up where you have to take a drink whenever an English commentator pronounces "Cazorla" with a Spanish lisp.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Get the football channel on direct tv or download the ESPN app on Xbox allows you to watch most matches.

Building won't allow dishes...no xbox, but I do have the espn app, not so many games.

I've made a game up where you have to take a drink whenever an English commentator pronounces "Cazorla" with a Spanish lisp.

LMFAO, awesome. As a kid I loved to watch Zaragoza because of that!

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was really impressed with Andy Carroll in the West Ham Arsenal match. He's a game changer with West Ham but unfortunately not impactful at Liverpool

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sort of know what you mean but that is how it is pronounced I believe... I try to get names right if I can, ie I say Xavi as "Shavi" not "Exavi."

but the one I could never get was Alexander Hleb.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
West Ham can keep him and I hope the transfer is sooner than later.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

West Ham can keep him and I hope the transfer is sooner than later.

Hi, is Liverpool your club? Can you explain what is going on there? i didn't see this coming at all and thought they would have finished at least 5th this year. It is very early of course but still...is Rodgers part of the problem, or is it injuries or what?

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LMFAO, awesome. As a kid I loved to watch Zaragoza because of that!

I sort of know what you mean but that is how it is pronounced I believe... I try to get names right if I can, ie I say Xavi as "Shavi" not "Exavi."

:laugh: Love it. Appreciate the English attempt to get with continental spanish.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before today's EPL matches can I ask everyone to look at the the top four, specifically number four and remember this day. It's been over 90years since we've had this sort of start in the top-flight and you might have to wait a few more before it hapens again ;)

Boing Boing! :happy:

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before today's EPL matches can I ask everyone to look at the the top four, specifically number four and remember this day. It's been over 90years since we've had this sort of start in the top-flight and you might have to wait a few more before it hapens again ;)
Boing Boing! :happy:

Brilliant start to the season but is it really 100 years since Laurie Cunningham, Cyrille Regis and Bryan Robson almost won the league? Doesn't feel that long ago.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brilliant start to the season but is it really 100 years since Laurie Cunningham, Cyrille Regis and Bryan Robson almost won the league? Doesn't feel that long ago.

That year we didn't start quite as strongly, it took us a while to get going. Those were the glory days though, and there haven't been many in the last 30yrs ;)

Oleg

Reaction score

That year we didn't start quite as strongly, it took us a while to get going. Those were the glory days though, and there haven't been many in the last 30yrs ;)

Long's cross for Morrison's opener was the best seen at the Hawthorns since the days of Wullie Johnston (or so a Baggies-supporting friend assures me). Vying with Stoke to be the best in the midlands though that's not as hard as it used to be given the state of the others.

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know even where to begin on why Liverpool is doing so poorly. They need something in the second half. That's were most goals are scored upon them. They also suck at home which is really an odd thing. Finally the refs need to start stepping up. I am really at a loss for words. If they keep it up they will be relegated at the **** will really get ugly.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vying with Stoke to be the best in the midlands though that's not as hard as it used to be given the state of the others.

Nothing wrong with WBA or Stoke. But the best team in the Midlands is Derby County. COYR!! :slayer:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Long's cross for Morrison's opener was the best seen at the Hawthorns since the days of Wullie Johnston (or so a Baggies-supporting friend assures me). Vying with Stoke to be the best in the midlands though that's not as hard as it used to be given the state of the others.

None of the West Midlands fans really count Stoke as a midlands team. The main rivalry is Villa v Birmingham and West Brom v Wolves. Baggies tolerate Birmingham, but don't hold out much respect for Villa, Wolves tolerate Villa but don't respect Birmingham. We all feel sorry for Walsall who hate all of us...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads