• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fighting in the South continued for well beyond the 186's, except the history books and Italian gov't will call it brigandage, and not what it really was, a struggle, which continues to this day, for independence.

This is all insanely interesting to me. Thank you for the brief. Italian history is relatively brushed over in modern takes on "world history" - which seems incongruent due to the influence it has had in European development over the last 1000 years.

Always learning something new.

I don't mind these derivatives, personally, in a football thread. Gives more meaning behind 90 minutes on matchday.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I love Balo..

He is the Boris Johnson of football..

Jose Mourinho on Mario Balotelli in an interview with CNN:
"Mario was good fun. I could
write a book of 200 pages of my
two years in Inter with Mario, but
the book would be not a drama.
The book would be a comedy! I
remember one in Kazan. We
went to Kazan in the Champions
League. In that match, I had all
my strikers injured. No Milito, no
Eto'o. I was really in trouble and
Mario was the only one. Mario
gets a yellow card in minute 42 or
43. So, when I go to the dressing
room at half time, I spent, I
would say, 14 minutes of the 15
speaking only for Mario. "Mario, I
cannot change you. I cannot
make a change. I don't have a
striker on the bench. Don't touch
anybody. Play only with the ball.
When we lose the ball, no
reaction. If somebody provocates
you, no reaction. If the referee
makes a mistake, no reaction.
Mario, please"
Minute 46, red card!"

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dave- I didn't watch the game and by the sound of it I am happy I didn't. Blood might have shot out of my ears and eyes out of frustration.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dave- I didn't watch the game and by the sound of it I am happy I didn't. Blood might have shot out of my ears and eyes out of frustration.

Liverpool totally killed them, them 3 stupid mistakes lead to goals. Liverpool should've had a penalty and an Udinese player sent off for a horrible tackle (horrible meaning not injury just lack of intent to play the ball..) More importantly though, they have to start converting chances...

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3-2 That blows. Liverpool can't keep loosing. This is horrible.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rogers says it will take them a couple of seasons to recover and he needs time. They have a good young team emerging but they are so wide open at the back... I hope they can stay out of the relegation zone this season.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rogers says it will take them a couple of seasons to recover and he needs time. They have a good young team emerging but they are so wide open at the back... I hope they can stay out of the relegation zone this season.

We did hear that for years now...

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^FACT. LIverpool is sucking donkey dick right now. They need to DUMP Carroll ( biggest waste) and maybe even Gerrard and pick up some fresh up and coming talent if they want "recover" and build up a proper squad. Gerrard isn't a waste like carrol but at 33 he's no spring chicken in football years. My fear is relegation and at this pace it very may well happen.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^FACT. LIverpool is sucking donkey dick right now. They need to DUMP Carroll ( biggest waste) and maybe even Gerrard and pick up some fresh up and coming talent if they want "recover" and build up a proper squad. Gerrard isn't a waste like carrol but at 33 he's no spring chicken in football years. My fear is relegation and at this pace it very may well happen.

Andy Carroll is on loan at West Ham, and has been for a while now...

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True but a loan is a loan. If the transfer happens next summer then a financial burden of that turd will be lifted and used for better things. West Ham paid liverpool 1.5 million pounds for the loan deal and then 80,000.00 pound a week to Carroll himself. If the trade happens Liverpool can get someone who fits the squad better at a much cheaper price. A win win for everyone.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liverpool is one of those monsters of the EPL that's never been relegated before, right? What would happen on Merseyside if they dropped... :eek:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blahblah1776