1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The Manchester parking authority will be sad to see him go.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I love his reply to a police officer in a stop and search incident asking him why he had 5 000 pounds in his pocket...

"Because I'm rich"..

He was also seen going around Manchester at Christmas giving 20 pound notes to random people and was stopped in a women prison yard in Milan with his brother..

When asked what they were doing there,he replied he just wanted to look around..

I love that guy..

3. the shah

the shah Senior member

4. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

my inter has just sold coutinho and signed kovacic. anyone knows anything about him? comments say he is the new modric. havent played FM in the past 2 years so have missed out on him lol.

5. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

What's your feeling on Coutinho? I see he was loaned to Espanyol last season and hasn't played much for Inter this year. The fee seems reasonable for a 20-year old. Do you think he's got a chance to contribute this year, or should I assume that he'll need the offseason?

6. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

very promising but have not made real match-winning impacts in stretches of games. with inter and italy's finances the money are decent, but quite pissed moratti/branca cant milk out more from liverpool (carroll 35m gbp). i genuinely hope he will succeed in epl. doubt so looking at his physique. oscar, although small, has very strong upper body strength. need awhile to buff up ala rafael.

moratti branca were taking a lot of flak for selling him but i am genuinely excited with kovacic.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  7. the shah

the shah Senior member

Was a pretty decent match yesterday, no violence and disgraceful tactics I don't think. The lighter on the pitch incident was funny, Pique tried to get overdramatic and Puyol just took it tossed it and told him to get back in the game. Nice header by 19 year old to give Madrid the equalizer, but I don't think their fans were too happy with the complete reliance on counters throughout (but they do this even against lesser opponents than Barca...)

In transfer news
    [​IMG]

8. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

not that he's gonna play a lot but still [​IMG]. Asian market here we come!

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

He is a coat hanger...

PSG is building a serious and also doing some PR exercise through Mr Beckam..

10. romafan

romafan Senior member

I'd like to see Ibrah try and kick him in the head....

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Think snagging Beckham is a great move for PSG trying to look "legitimate" as opposed to a Merc poacher. He'll give a bit of gravitas to the club and their intentions on building a bigger project than most "new money" clubs suggest.

Called that move.

Match yesterday was good. While Madrid didn't control the match, thought they did effectively press Barça into a bit of disruption. Varane has staked a claim to push Pepe out the door, I would like to think. López had a good (re)debut as well.

EDIT: MUST BUY A BECKHAM PSG SHIRT....

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  12. the shah

the shah Senior member

^ I donno know they were pressed into disruption, plenty of offside calls and missed opportunities in front of goal (well Madrid had their fair share too).

Nacho time at Arsenal since that brazilian turned out to suck at defending (who would have thought ... i always saw his nice attacking runs from wide but he never defended at Fenerbahçe)

Looks like Chris Samba is returning to the EPL now that QPR are getting serious about avoiding relegation

13. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

Beckham cant offer anything on the field...He was absolute garbage with Milan and that was two years ago. What will he do in a team full of good players that can run!!

14. the shah

the shah Senior member

one thing he can still do is cross it to ibra late in the game.
    but it's just a 5 month deal with all his salary going to children's charity. i doubt anyone thinks he is realistically there for footballing reasons vs growing the club's image. massive PR success.

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Wheeler dealer Harry sure messed us up with Odemwingie (not that Odemwingie has the sense he was born with).

16. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I think Arsenal got a steal on Nacho Monreal. Good plug in the back line, Spanish international, Euro Winner. Believe he'll do very well at the Emirates.

Nice to see Samba back from the freezing (highly paying) wastelands of the Russian League.

17. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Quite a funny story to be fair..

18. the shah

the shah Senior member

19. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Not when you're a West Brom fan :embar:

20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Not even close to the Algerian player kicking the Togo goalkeeper in the CAN..