1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

Messi can't touch Torres. Torres' ability to never lose the ball in the box, dribble past defenders, and pin-point shot accuracy puts him league ahead of Messi. Has Messi ever won the Euro golden boot? NOPE.....:crackup:

I agree with Jab's team except I would take Pirlo and put in Mata. It has nothing to do with results, more because I hate Juv and Mata had a fantastic season last year.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Thiago Silva is also a great defender...

Ivanovic gave 2 goals on awful mistakes last week...

He is a good defender not a top one..

3. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

That wasn't last year, though. ;) I'm not saying Ivanovic is one of the greatest defenders, but he had a great year.

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I did watch him play a few times and he is a very solid defender...

Ramos is a great defender...

Pace ,vision,skills.

Ibra instead of Falcao...

He is great.

5. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Ibra doesn't deserve to be in there in Falcao's place. He's a great player no doubt, at the moment better than Falcao, but the Columbian had an incredible year (Ibra's was only very good).

6. the shah

the shah Senior member

zlatan's performances were no doubt exaggerated by the fact that he plays in Ligue 1 where he can dominate (still fantastic player and most entertaining, maybe after balotelli if not as much so)

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Euro 2012 goal against France, goals against England , against Marseilles...

He plays for Sweden not Brazil...

He is a great player scoring fantastic goals.

8. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

I totally agree. But he hasn't had a better year than Falcao.

9. the shah

the shah Senior member

England and France are overrated and have been for past few years, the former especially so

Forget international matches, then. He has a tendency to disappear in the biggest games, whether club or country...he's never lead his teams to a CL final and that's after Juve, Inter, Barca, and MIlan.

Incidentally, yesterday's game PSG-Ajaccio saw him waste two 1v1 opportunities. Bad news for PSG was T Silva limping off. Didn't help that Motta got a straight red for a horribly timed slide from behind that ended up with his studs going straight into Sammaritano's ankle doing quite a bit of damage.

No Ronaldo = no goals for Madrid
    Kaka finally gets some minutes of playing time, just enough to get a red :laugh:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  10. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Agree ...

Thiago Silva is great but the other Thiago is overrated..

12. the shah

the shah Senior member

i didn't think anyone rated him to begin with ?

here's what got him the red
    [​IMG]

Was just thinking RVP has the best first touch I've seen since Zidane and of course he scores with a first time just sliding it into the far post.

13. the shah

the shah Senior member

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I'm considering starting a "Real Madrid Thread of Hope and Change"

Been afraid of becoming overly Ronaldo-relient for a while. It has come to pass. My team is toothless without their superstar.

Although, let's look at the other forwards for the game: Higuaín is making his first start back from injury in over 2 months, Benzema is in similar physical condition. Di María was banged up and starting for the first time in a similar time period, Jose Callejón is a great super-sub and has been making great strides but is not that "inspires absolute fear in front of goal" either. Then you have Modric who has clearly been less than 100% since moving here, and Kaká who's been on the bench for ages now. Not a lot of form going on in the Madrid attack.

It was against last-place Osasuna though... :fu:

15. the shah

the shah Senior member

i think Masoud Shojaei is injured otherwise Osasuna would surely have banged in a few goals ;) But no Nekounam so they fall in last place

Atletico just scored 2 quick goals so now 7 points ahead of the city's second team :devil:

16. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

WTF, was watching MOTD and saw Demba Ba in Chelski colors? That's about it for Torres, then. Sell him and take the loss.

17. El Argentino

Yeah, Ba was Chelsea's first snatch of the window (on the 1st or something like that)

18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

He looked sharp. That kid can play.

They need to sell Torres this month. Did they sell Sturridge or just loan him to Lpool?

19. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Sold 'im.

20. El Argentino

Madrid dispatches Valencia with ease today in the Copa.

Valencia has all the makings to be a really good team, and a fairly deep lineup. Hope they go far in Europe this year.