1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

not to take anything from chelsea of course, but dembele is a monster in the midfield. he raped MU midfielders twice this season (with fulham and spurs).
    im not a spurs fan, but once i knew huddlestone was playing i know spurs were most likely gonna lose. did you see how bad he is yesterday? cant run, cant pass, cant hold the ball, poor corners and free kicks. exposed to oscar hazard mata badly.

mata is a magician though.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    GOOD NIGHT. I can't even make that pass on FIFA. ----- that's made me laugh out loud.

If DC UNITED beats Chicago we will get a home game and that would be a lot of fun.
    MLS is fun but just can't compare to international football. that's why I think it doesn't get the love it desperately needs.

3. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

Arsenal once again brings a dull butter knife to a sword fight. Goddamn flashback to last season man.

Serge Gnabry cameo was nice though. Is it really pronounced "Gah-nabree"? :confused:

4. Notre

Notre Senior member

What really ticked me off was why Wenger waited so long to take off ramsey

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  5. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

exactly why i dont understand how they can get contracts to play professionally :puzzled:

6. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

FALCAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

He loves him..

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Pretty decent and succinct article against the "bumper-sticker" politics against racism in Euroball. Have to say I agree completely.

Also, looks like the guy who nailed Kirkland in the face is going to be jailed and then banned from Elland Road.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

People are very quick to point their fingers out at Eastern Europeans but these countries are just 40 years behind us in terms of appaling racism...

It is there a brutal ,idiotic version of it with monkey noises ,chants when our version of racism is more subtle...

Terry went on trial after the Euro 2012 to allow him to play in it and he only received a 4 match ban when Suarez received eight...

Chelsea is still keeping him as captain...

The all thing is a mockery..

A handful of black managers , none at the helm of a club and so on..

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  10. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I don't think you can compare the racist behaviour of Terry and Suarez to that of Eastern European countries. In those countries it is the culture and life of those thugs, they hang out with people of a similar mindset, have tattoos expressing their beliefs, sing racist chants at the matches etc...

What Suarez and Terry did was in the heat of the moment and they said some things they shouldn't have. Should they be punished? Yes, of course. I just don't think you can compare it with the organised racist gangs of Eastern Europe.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I did say 40 years ago...

People used to throw bananas on the pitch,making monkey noises and even refuse black people in b&b in England in the sixties early seventies...

Things have evolved in Western Europe and will get better in Eastern Europe too..

I was watching a documentary emotionally charged of a black player who is now a representative for the players union telling his own experiences as a mixed race player...

He did say he never suffered from direct racism in his playing years..

He went to interview his dad who was a former football talent and he didn't know the extent of the racism his dad suffered in his youth by supporters ,managers and fellow players..

BTW ,i don't think Terry is a racist ...

He just had a bad reaction on the pitch ...

Watch it if you can it is very emotional to see this hardened defender reduced to tears by what his dad admitted to him for the first time.

Eastern Europeans never experienced black immigration and they do have an irrational stupid hatred of them..

Things will get better with the arrival of black football stars...

They will realise how stupid is to boo black players when your star player is one...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  12. romafan

romafan Senior member

Nice come back for Roma! Down 2-nil after 10 mins and fight back for the victory :slayer:

13. romafan

romafan Senior member

Chelsea! :happy: C'mon, where is everyone? :roma:

14. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior member

Juve?? WTF!!!!!! This team needs to be banned from playing games during weekdays, it is like they revert to I don't know what.

15. romafan

romafan Senior member

Nobody likes CL these days? :roma:

16. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

17. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Just a busy Tuesday :)

18. romafan

romafan Senior member

Speaking of brutal football - did you see Messi nail Scott Brown in the n#ts yesterday?

19. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

City's in real trouble of bowing out again in the group stage: 1 point after 3 matches. Mancini probably should've brought Balotelli on earlier. He'd already stewed over not playing for 75-ish minutes. If you know you're going to play Balotelli, you've got to start him to make sure his head's in the match.

20. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member