Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

AC Milan still wants Kaka...

They sold their two best players for cash and now wants Kaka back..

I know it will be a great PR exercise but his wage is astronomical..

Theycould invest in other great internationals..

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I realize I was once for super-clubs. But now that this hoarding great players is playing out with ManCity, Barça, Madrid, PSG, it's getting kind of old. Even old time greats like Inter or ACMilan can't hang onto their competitive edge. Will there really be dramatic competition anywhere in Europe this season?

De Rossi now to City, Modric to Madrid (eww), Chelsea's continued spree, PSG w/ infighting over who will wear no.10. :facepalm:

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

news:

Dynamo Zagreb director says Modric transfer to RM will be final tomorrow, £35M fee, source is evidently reliable as Dynamo Z get some money out of it.

Bale injured in friendly match.

Any spurs fans want to tell me what to expect this year?

_____

also, Chelsea lose 2nd preseason in a row, to team that is refunding money to fans that hate them now because they sold off best players. Defense of CL title is off to smashing start.

______

also, this:

[​IMG]

4. DLester

DLester Senior member

for the benefit of the one or two other Chelsea fans on here (probably just one), I recommend the following blog: http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/29/3199993/some-thoughts-on-oscar-vs-belarus#storyjump.

It has some of the best reporting and analysis of any sports blog. Look at the story I linked to, and you will see what I mean. That was posted within an hour after the Brz/Belarus game. There are new articles like that all the time. They appear to have a swing shift of bloggers in the US and England and possibly elsewhere who are uploading meaty content at all hours, multiple times a day.

Articles will typically receive hundreds of informed comments and there are basically no trolls (please do not troll the site, k?).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012

5. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Pre-season means nothing.

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

^ I keep telling myself that but it isn't working

did anyone see the end of the Spain Honduras game? madness. Spain were denied what looked like a clear penalty, mata almost punched the ref, Honduras had a player flat on the ground for all of the last 8 min, including one player who went down about a yard over the touchline and rolled back onto the pitch to stop play. Spain were livid. Not pretty.

I hate tv coverage of olympic football. The games are chopped up, at least some of them. Has anyone seen a full 90 other than by streaming?

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Football has lost its soul a long time ago...

I remember watching Saint-Etienne Dynamo Kiev or Liverpool and each team had one or two foreign players...

Even if we look at it with nostalgia , clubs never ever enjoyed a level playing field in term of transferts.

The biggest teams were already attracting the best players because of their fame and status , money is now playing a great part in players choice...

Man City used to complain about Man United and Chelsea transfert coffins and now they 're happy with the current situation..

8. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I tuned in after the GB game. I wasn't sure what the complaints were about but now I know. There was also another player who went down at 4 minutes extra time and was stretchered off. After the whistle, I think security should have come out and protected the referees from the players. It didn't look like a friendly exchange. Too bad for Spain. You can't win it all. Either that or Del Bosque is a managerial genius.

In Canada, they played the Brazil-Belarus game on television but I was too busy watching something else. I watched a women's Canada-South Africa game for 20 minutes and local commentators take over. Not sure about the camera but I don't remember seeing the incessant replays of the official stream.

9. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

Drove me nuts today. I kept waiting for Uruguay-Senegal, and MSNBC had archery on. I thought it just hadn't started yet. Last night I was watching the prime time coverage of beach volleyball. They interjected some awful McEnroe interview with Lochte and cut out part of one set. It was tape delayed. I have no clue why they cut out a part of the match.

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

While I generally dislike Honduras and a whole slew of Central American teams, it was nice to read about them knocking Spain off their high-horse today. Good to know that favorites can bow out goalless.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Spain is getting a bit complacent nowadays...

I have met a Spanish supporter who told me they will be WC in 2014...

They have a great team but will face a generational problem soon like every great team before..

12. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Other way round now, although scum's team on the final day of the season cost more than Man City's :D

Still waiting for the takeover to be announced.

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

^ Leeds takeover right? What do you think of the buyers?

14. romafan

romafan Senior member

WHAA???? :confused:

15. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior member

I was just going to post "where is romafan?". I agree De Rossi is going nowhere, he may say complimentary things about the Premier League but he strikes me as a one club man like Totti.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012