Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Soccer

Would love to watch the Chelsea v PSG match at Yankee Stadium even without all the signings being exhibited. Sounders will be crushed but at least it will allow Chelsea to play a respectable attacking game

Pretty quiet all around in regards to transfers, though there are some interesting stories to watch

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Really? Couldn't have anticipated that... :brick:

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

The new hires will want to prove themselves, so it should be quite watchable for a friendly.

[CFC have long had a respectable attacking game btw. :)...... are you arsenal in disguise? ]

4. El Argentino

True - beyond last season's bus parking, Chelsea have often played a rather attacking game

5. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Oh the woes of an Arsenal fan. A month ago, everything was good. Podolski and Giroud signed and Arsenal was rumored into being involved with a plethora of players with M'Villa looking locked up. Then in typical Arsenal fashion, a top player, RvP states he won't renew his contract. So now it looks like we are losing him, M'Villa rumors go out the door because of his attitude at Euros, nobody wants Arshavin, Walcott may want out since RvP wants out, and everything else goes dry. Oh how being an Arsenal fan can be frustrating. As soon as everything appears to be going nice and excitement is in the air...it reverses course because of one moment.

So what's next? Reports are that RvP is being courted by Man City (surprise) and Juventus. Personally I'd tell Man City to fuck off, tell RvP he won't be playing in England, and work with Juventus or any other foreign team on a transfer fee. Other reports are that Arsenal are intent on not selling RvP, hoping that with the additions they win trophies, and RvP resigns at the end of the year. Risky move. Aside from that debacle, apparently Arsenal are on the verge of signing M'Baye Niang...but that's a long term project. Reports are that Ibrahim Afellay has snubbed Lille in an attempt to move to Arsenal. Now this I find intriguing. For one, I really like Afellay so I think he'd be a quality addition. Secondly, he's really good friends with RvP. So could this be the addition that has RvP reverse course like Rooney of a few years ago? Who knows but hopefully this turns around and some more good news starts coming in for a change. Really need to add some defensive depth as well. Midfield could use some depth and I don't know why they haven't made a bigger run for Dempsey, stating he wants CL football and by all comments, basically singled out Arsenal as a destination of preference.

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

^ see, it's not just me, any time an arsenal fan starts to lament it ends up being some depressing soliloquy :laugh:

best thing is that the insolent child Theo now thinks he is deserving of a massive contract, for what I could not say

i guess if you ignore the Jose years and all the seasons after they used his playbook then yeah it's true :p

7. the shah

looks like it's 23m eur for Z !

total transfer fees , he tops the list

[​IMG]

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

No Zidane?

He only changed clubs three times as a recognized pro..

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

PSG has now a very good team...

Ibra, Pastore,Lavezzi, Menez, Matuidi.Sissoko ,Thagio Motta ,Alex ,thiago Silva..

All very good players..

Sakho,Gameiro are also French internationals

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

that mino raiola is indeed one of the best and sneakiest agents in the world.

11. the shah

12. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior member

And now PSG has confirmed they dropped 12M Euro for Marco Verratti. Holding out hope for a miracle he would still end up at Juve. Hope he actually plays at PSG - hate to see another young talent go bust.

13. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

terrence boyd balotelli style

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14. romafan

romafan Senior member

^^^ is that the wien friendly? i think roma won 1-2 (pjanic & pizarro), w/ michael bradley debuting :slayer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

15. El Argentino

Real Madrid are playing Santos Laguna in a preseason tour friendly here. Still debating if I want to pay some $250 for tickets :plain:

Edit:

New ManU kits really don't look as :crazy: as I'd imagined.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012