Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

this would suck for him, he was just brought back after having "developed" enough to be worth reclaiming by the senior squad. they made him in the academy, dumped him out there to see if he could survive which he did, brought him back, now if they toss him again it's a complete disregard for the youth system. oh well, fascist connections will always ensure friendly banks making friendly loans that will be bailed out by germany :devil:

this is exactly why he left arsenal, he was being shoved into RB by wenger when clearly he wanted to play at least as far up as DM if not roaming more upfield. but you're right about his defensive skills, maybe not the silkiest player but he's like a rottweiler and seems like he'd be really annoying to play against as an offensive player lol

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Playing RB is better than riding the bench all season...

@Shah - do you trust Thiago enough to start getting serious minutes with how aged Xavi is looking? Or is Fàbregas that sort of player?

EDIT: and I agree completely on the whole Callejón thing.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

he'll demand a transfer in that case, he's a petulant little rascal. did the same at chelsea then arsenal too.

to be honest i always saw thiago and cesc and stepping in for xavi and iniesta, respectively. cesc is deployed in a slightly more attacking role usually. not sure if this is the breakout season, i suspect that if the medical staff can keep xavi standing with injections (and adrenaline, anything that keeps his heart pumping really) he'll start but who knows how long that can last, it's certainly taken a tole on his body over the years. at this point there's a need for defenders -- puyol phasing out meant abidal was to slot in more permanently as CB which is the transition puyol made from RB to CB with age and less speed but things happen so that plan is done. There's also a massive void up front, and I doubt barca can sustain an entire season without a striker. sure spain did it but it was a 1 month tournament and not the same as club competition. the eye-gouged fellow has his work cut out for him.

i'd been avoiding this place for a while because the transfer windows just becomes more absurd every year esp with the growing numbers of ultrawealthy investors, that and i know my team will do nothing until 11:59pm on the eve of the season opener at which point 4 players will be haphazardly selected on a most-likely-to-transfer basis, 3 of which will be injured on the flight over and the 4th who will come already injured. at least we have podolski to replace RVP :plain:

does that iranian fellow still own the rights to tevez? i cant remember if the contract expired or not, always found it a bit odd that someone owned the rights to a player, a bit like modern-day slaver...i was talking with a friend the other day about this massive investment for fun, what happens when they get bored ? it'll create a massive hole in the finances of so many clubs and leagues, every team will crumble, united will succumb to its huge debt, and THE ARSENAL will prevail. But at that point we'll have already chased wenger, pitchfork and torch in hand, to crucify him only to realize later on he had the right idea but too early to be implemented in any meaningful or successful (trophies) way.

/rant

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012

4. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

It's hard to be a gooner sometimes

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

6. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Insults are sadly enough integral part of the game..

It is a professional and uber competitive sport and such comments are legion..

I hate Terry but I doubt he is a racist..

8. El Argentino

A twat yes. A wanker, probably. True "racist"? Probably not.

Everton released their new Nike kit today. Looks good but internet browser is being stubborn.

Tevez to ACMilan as Zlatan moves to France? Also Bayern clamouring for Khedira... :fonz: good luck w/ that.

Have I mentioned how much I love transfer season? Almost moreso than the actual playing.

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Ibra and Thiago Silva at PSG..

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

I knew that thumb for my post was Shah before I even looked a it haha.

Terry doesn't strike me as a racist. He does strike me as someone who is used to getting virtually whatever he wants, all the time, for as far back as he can remember. That has to eventually warp the mind somewhat. He isn't the only footballer like that though.

11. romafan

romafan Senior member

Anyone else notice how short Terry ties his ties? :confused: There's a couple of inches of shirt between the tip & his belt buckle!

12. El Argentino

[​IMG]

I know Venessian isn't a regular on here anymore, but has anyone else caught wind of the controversy surrounding the release of Inter's away kit? Apparently fans from the Ultras on down are really pissed at Nike's choice of color. It strictly belongs to the AC-half of the city, and fans are making huge noise about boycotting, etc.

I thought it was a stretch last year for Madrid's third to be red (and that after apparently having worn the color in the past - gotta love Franco's 50s) but Inter?

In other news, still think this was their greatest kit ever.

[​IMG]

13. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

I think the curva is taking it a bit far. United had a blue kit,city had a red one. Even Milan had a blue kit in the 90's....I understand the tradition as a hardcore inter fan but this isn't the first team jersey,and it for one year only so relax. I think the curva is frustrated with soo many things about inter and taking it out on this.

For a third jersey I always loved that uefa 98 final one...that was a beauty they replicated once after but I think they should more.

14. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Imagine Rangers having a green away kit or Celtic having a blue one?

Speaking of Rangers they're still playing in the second biggest stadium in their division, just a shame for them that their local derby is now against an amateur side :lol:
    Please be Celtic's turn next season :pray:

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Which teams are in the third Scottish division?

Must be frightening..