1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. Burton

Burton Senior member

^^ Gotta agree with you there but it is fun to speculate.

2. the shah

the shah Senior member

arsenal dominted first half possession 70 30 but we sucked in final 3rd, giroud is kinda useless so far, he screwed up several times in the box either bad touch or bad pass.
    i am wondering what exactly diaby's role is except for falling over / losing possession ...

meatsacker and crouch are bound to get entangled with their noodly appendages crossing in the box, battle of the epl bean poles

Mr Wenger has on his spectacles :cool:

3. the shah

the shah Senior member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  4. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Not my fault you don't know what you're talking about. But you support ManU, so there's really no surprise there.

5. Burton

Burton Senior member

LOL. :satisfied:

6. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

7. Burton

Burton Senior member

Arsenal did not look like they might accidentally put the ball into the goal. Giroud had a great shot at the end of the game from distance, but Wenger was not happy with the attempt.

RVP on yesterday's goal and the injury to Rooney. I thikn if you watch this clip you can not help but like him--though I know some here will gladly disagree. (Apologies in advance, as I don't know how to share the video as link and don't have the time to figure it out.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19382028

8. the shah

the shah Senior member

i dont think you can embed bbc player video but i saw this interview earlier, he's a great guy and an outstanding talent. "lucky goal" he says with a little smile hehe being modest buy we all know he has a penchant for the spectacular.

Kolo looking solid (as is the case with anyone who leaves arsenal lol)

9. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Really hoping Liverpool can hang on for at least a draw.

Balotelli should be sent to bed without his dinner. He is only on the pitch to win free kicks. Typical City behaviour.

10. Burton

Burton Senior member

Skyrtel really unlucky - had to feel for him and I think Liverpool were the slightly better side deserving of the win. Tevez does know how to be in the right place . . ..

11. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

That pass was awful though. Aren't they taught to put back passes off frame? That thing was dead center without much steam on it. At least he had the early goal to give him some leeway. It's too bad that City's first goal wasn't cleared, but at least they got a point out of this. Suarez's free kick was a beautiful goal.

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

I only saw a bit of Arsenal/Stoke. That was never going to be an easy game for Arsenal, but they didn't help themselves by looking for passing triangles while in the opponent's 6 yard box. Seriously, one of them just needs to be a selfish bastard and smash it in. This has been their problem since 2005 or so it seems.

I feel bad for Skyrtel. His header was brilliant. That goal plus the 3 pts would have been the lingering memory of this game -- if he had not completed the lovely pass to Tevez...

13. Burton

Burton Senior member

That header was great - if he could teach Carrol how to do that Carrol might be lethal.

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Gotta love 1 point from possible 6... starting to feel like an Arsenal fan.

Yeah, Liverpool made it sweet on Sahin. He'll do well there.

15. Burton

Burton Senior member

I was really impressed with Sterling - he is a talent.

Real will get it together.

Cannot believe Rooney needs surgery from the gash - not good. The worst injuries are always the ones which occur which the player is by himself in the open or the inavertent ones.

16. DLester

DLester Senior member

"Luka Modric has been unveiled as a Real Madrid player after they hammered out a £33million deal with Tottenham for the midfielder. Spurs will receive £27m from Real, plus another £6m in various add-ons. The fee is a blow for Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who was holding out for a figure in the region of £35m-plus.

The two clubs have also agreed a new 'partnership' that, according to Spurs, will see them 'working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.'

----------- Hilarious; what is this "partnership" that Spurs are babbling about? Must be an agreement to sell their best players to Madrid at a huge discount off the price offered by EPL clubs.

You won't hear Mourinho going on about any partnership.

Levy butchered this deal and left his team with hardly any time to buy a replacement. If he had sold last summer, he would have gotten 50% more money for Modric. That upside was worth way more than the downside of selling within the EPL to clubs that Spurs - realistically - are not competing against anyway other than the odd season from time to time.

I don't hate Spurs --- just saying I would be very sore over this deal if I were a fan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo.../Luka-Modric-signs-Real-Madrid-Tottenham.html

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  17. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I've already publicly stated my opposition to this deal. Learning in the press release that Modric is only 26 gives it a slightly better taste, knowing that Xabi is turning 31 soon. I still believe this recessed playmaker position is Şahin's to lose in the future, but suppose that for the season it will offer decent rotation. I think Kaká will be totally phased out now - only coming on as a direct sub for Özil when Granero isn't around (who Mourinho has put a lot of faith in through the tail end of last season). Last I heard from Milan was that the president was flying to Madrid this week to hammer out a final deal for Kaká - oh well, that money's down the drain.

I'm not worried enough about the start of the season yet to say that Modric is a good move. I can see the benefits, but still think they overpaid. Also, unless Bale is coming our way as well, this whole "partnership" thing is BS. Maybe Kyle Walker too when Arbeloa finally fades away.

^^ I agree. Spurs should have cashed in last year.

18. romafan

romafan Senior member

No more Serie A on Fox! :fu: Does anyone know anyhting about the new al jazeera beIN network that won the U.S. rights for la liga/serie a/ligue1? :confused: Right now they are only carried on Dish/Direct...:cry:

19. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Bale was very good for 50/60 minutes...

Hedid fade away like the rest of the team.

He is strong ,has pace and played very well with Essou-Etoko...

He will do well at Real or anywhere else..

20. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member