Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

A loan just doesn't make sense for Liverpool. It isn't as though they're so good that Carroll would be hurting for playing time. It'd look terrible to loan him after one full season with how much they paid.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Carroll at AC Milan?

Come on..

3. Oleg

Oleg Senior member

The theory is that Rodgers prefers a fast passing game that requires a mobility and a great first touch. Carroll, on the other hand, is immobile and has a touch like an electric shock. But he finished the season ok and was one of the few England players not to look absolutely terrible at the Euros so I think probably hang on to him for the time being. Milan, I guess, would be experimenting with at plan b from the bench.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

He is an old style English centre forward...

Good in the air and difficult to move ...

He can only be as good as the crooses getting inside the box...

I do not see him playing on the continent apart from a super sub..

5. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

I hate to break it to you but the Bahraini royalty thing isn't happening. Unless it gets a massive push for pr reasons from way at the top, this rumor will not come true. I know the Bahrainis who unlike other owners actually adore Leeds and have been fans for more than a decade. Even if it does miraculously happen, they will not come close to manCity spending whose owners sit on the biggest sovereign fund in the world. If it does happen thu it might look like al Fayeds spending at fulham but with smarter choices.

6. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

I get that Rodgers may not see a need for him which is fine. I'm sure Andy Carroll and personnel came up during the interview process, so I doubt it shocks the owners. I just don't think a loan is the way to go. I think Carroll's at a point where Liverpool needs to go all in or sell him. A loan is some grey area which would be a total waste in this scenario.

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

They did pay an awful amount of money for him..

35 million pounds..

They will never sell him for that amount.

8. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

Which is why, coupled with his strong finish last season, I'd go all in with him.

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Liverpool cannot afford to have a decent striker ..

They have a mediocre team and they need a world class striker..

10. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

Who can they get though? Their prior transfers have been awful sans Suarez and Enrique. The owners spent a lot of money on Carroll/Adam/Henderson, so I don't see them spending big this window.

11. romafan

romafan Senior member

watched an interview w/ rodgers on fsc last night. he indicated that very little was going to happen this summer vis-a-vis the transfer mkt

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

American owners are part of the problem at Liverpool. I believe it has to do with the economics of a football club - a massive, MASSIVE financial hole as opposed to a traditionally money-making venture in America. They want to maximize profit, but are unwilling to splash out the cash to do that, finding it a waste or frivolous. If there was ever a EPL team that needed a complete revamp, it's Liverpool. At least Arsenal last season proved they had something (RVP) in them to make things click.

Very interesting article today on the stalling of Ganso's career. Especially poignant in light of Chelsea signing the even younger Oscar today from Internacional.

13. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

They did splash the cash last summer spending almost 58 million pounds, just paid way too much for all of those players.

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

This is a fascinating signing, if true. I think the DM is ahead of themselves in reporting this as a done deal though.

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief