1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I like seeing Real Madrid getting beaten, their egos are just horrible. Also, some of their players belong in the UFC they have the dirtiest team out there.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Good player..

23 and used to play for Marseille..

3. the shah

the shah Senior member

4. DLester

DLester Senior member

Yikes, I did not think it would turn out that way.

Spurs will be in the same boat if they wait to close the Modric deal until the final hours.

Chelsea signing of Azpilicueta is confirmed. He trained with the team this am.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19366944

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

That type of rumor is fanned by this type of reporting:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  6. Burton

Burton Senior member

Very interesting. . . . Would not be suprised to see him go.

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

That is entirely possible. But I am optimistic.

These moves are as much for the future as they are for today. Look at who is coming up through the ranks. This is Chelsea's starting eleven in 2-3 years, even with no additional signings:

G Courtois
    RB Azpilcueta
    CB Cahill
    CB Luiz
    LB Bertrand
    CM Ramires
    CM Oscar
    AM Hazard
    AM Mata
    AM Moses
    CF Lukaku

They will be entering their prime years by then. There is massive potential here.

8. the shah

the shah Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Wish I could have seen the match. Got pulled away after 20 minutes and watchespn wouldn't let me load the replay, even on my school's network :facepalm:

Sounded interesting though. Predicted that Barça would win at the Camp Nou, but still believe Madrid will pull off a squeaker at the Bernabéu

lol wut. Busquets.

10. El Argentino

And, for all you Arsenal fans with bitterness in your hearts, just saw this cross my screen

Good move by Chelsea in picking up Azpilicueta. He'll be decent. Would have thought Debuchy would be first choice to move, but either way.

Also RM supposedly reigniting interest in Maicon. Just what we need - another aging defender.

11. the shah

the shah Senior member

Maicon rumor started last year when he said hed like to keep working with Jose (maybe he likes being gouged in the eye :devil:) anything new to back this up ? It seems Jose this year is putting trust in his current squad which reinforces their loyalties to him -- think Higuain, he wanted out but Jose convinved him to stay and started him in 1st game of season vs valencia over Benz.

That would be a retarded move by milan but make me extremely happy to be rid of the troll who convinced wenger he can play football just by his place of birth. I am not optimistic though

12. Burton

Burton Senior member

The problem with Chelsea comes down to one man - Abramovich. Agree there is a roster of talent there--will it be there when ready to challenge? Was there really a problem with Ancelotti? I didn't like AVB, but did he really get a chance? Personally, I don't share your opinion of Moses but gladly concede Hazard was a great get. Interesting to see what happens. I have picked Chelsea 3rd but could easily see them 6th. We should do a EPL top ten league contest. Pair of Marcoliani socks to the winner?

13. Burton

Burton Senior member

That is amazingly funny!

14. Oleg

Oleg Senior member

Arsenal wanted the option to buy Sahin as part of the loan deal but Jose wants him back if he funds his form, meaning Liverpool more likely. Means Charlie Adam being hawked around though, on recent form, I'd be trying to flog Gerrard who looks like he's playing pissed. Similarly, Luis looks a better medium term bet alongside Cahill than Terry, who's fine if the ball's bouncing around in front of him but ropey if not. Unless they find a more reliable screen for the defence than Obi Mikel, they'll need more mobility than Terry has in defence, IMHO. But leaky at the back and billions of quid in attack might mean they're finally worth watching.

15. El Argentino

It was restated today on espnfc

16. the shah

the shah Senior member

^ i guess he could leave to anywhere:

yeah Arsenal were too cheap to pay half his wages (which would have totaled to what, 2-3M ? instead they decide that they might buy another player (who will necessarily cost more than 2-3M if he's worht anything). Wenger has confirmed that he might be buying this summer :laugh:
    what a perfect troll move that is

17. the shah

the shah Senior member

RVP gets the start :laugh:

[​IMG]

18. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

And the equalizer.

19. Burton

Burton Senior member

Unfortunately the injury to Rooney will delay the partnership between RVP and Wazza but it is coming. Ugly game great result.

20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Just got back from Spurs against WBA...

Gallas was awful , both keepers made great saves and Spurs attacked endessly until being finally dominated in the last 20 minutes...

Essou-Ekotto, Walker and Bale (firsthalf) were excellent .

Fortune and the 2 central mifielders play well for WBA.

WBA deserved to draw level at the last minute...

It could have been 2-2 or 3-3 ..

And it did fucking rain nearly all the first half..