Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. LosRojiblancos

LosRojiblancos Active Member

RVP wont sign a new contract with Arsenal!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7868741/RVP-snubs-new-Gunners-deal

This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

FML!

2. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

Yeah, it's heartbreaking that van Persie is leaving - I think every gunner knew in the back of their minds. I don't feel as crushed since I knew he was always going to leave. Couldn't ask for a better love letter/goodbye than this past season he's had with the club.

Probably headed to Spain

3. LosRojiblancos

LosRojiblancos Active Member

I truly believed he would have stayed, especially after the signings of Poldi and Giroud.
    With this statement I just feel like he is shitting on Arsenal. Fair enough that he don't want to sign a new contract but then he should have told Gazidis instead of making a public statement (which he, apparently, didn't informed the club about). With this statement he has put Arsenal in an almost impossible situation when it comes to negotiate a price for him, everybody now knows he's not gonna sign a new contract so Arsenal will most likely have to take a lowball offer or let him go for free next summer.

I hope he end up in Spain, Anzhi or PSG. Just as long as he don't make a Nasri and go too City...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012

4. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Not a fan of Solo. Don't really think she's attractive. I have a lot of respect for Rapinoe as a player, one of the few who I think isn't just good "for a girl," which obviously adds to the attractiveness factor.

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Hope Solo has an odd head shape.

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

FTFY

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You guys need to remember, RVP was CONSTANTLY injured during his time at Arsenal. This is one of the few periods at the club that he has not missed extensive games.

Honestly, RVP's loss is not so great. Past performance is the best measure of future results and that means he'll be injured again before long.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Soccer

It's gotten less blatant, but it definitely isn't a non-issue. Alas, not the place for such discussion

Pity about RvP, but Walcott is coming into his own and we just picked up Giroud. We'll see what others are brought in, I'd like to see more creative mid signings

9. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

Breaks a gunners heart to lose RvP. As mentioned, apart from the imperious form in the last two seasons, he was known to have glass legs.

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

without rvp, arsenal would have been close to relegation.
    no CL --> broke

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Giroud is a good player a la Gomez..

He is tall and strong and can do well in England..

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Valencia ,Malaga,Athletico Madrid,Bilbao and Villareal are decent teams ..

13. El Argentino

Been relegated to La Segunda... :devil:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

The submarine has sunk..:slayer:

15. El Argentino

In light of no EURO action - kit updates!

Manchester City Home and Away:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dortmund:

[​IMG]

Liverpool 3rd :uhoh:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Personally, I think the Dortmund ones look fantastic. Puma's been doing a great job with their kits as of late.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012