Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Having gone back now and read more of the thread banter from while I was away, I believe this meme may be in order.

[​IMG]

Not taking sides at all, but in Funny Picture of the Day, this stood out.

2. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

fuck motta and his brittle hamstring. that is all i have to say.

3. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

4 minutes!! I couldn't believe it. I felt really bad for Italy after that!

4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Like I posted on face book-
    Attention Team Italy , it's the finals. You might want to show up and play.
    You fucking, jackasses.
    That sums up the game. Italy was an embarrassment .
    Even before the first goal they were off. I don't know what they put in their pasta but they
    Might want to hold it next time. They acted like a big bunch of pussies.
    Batolelli needs fined and a real stinger. Motta can eat a dick. You pussy fucking cunt.
    Spain should have won at least 5-0 considering the hand ball the ref didn't call.
    Congratulations , Spain. You won an deserved it.

Team Italy you fuckin miserable cunts should be ashamed of yourselves and I hope a few of you bastards get hit by cars .
    Sorry pussy bitches. This was euro cup 2012 not some school yard , " oh I don't want to play today" soccer tourney.
    You looked like shit , you played like shit . Italian fans deserve more than that and you failed.
    Nasty fucking cunts. You better redeem yourselves in 2014 or I wil fly to Italy and cut every last one of you fucking
    Pussy twats.
    On behalf of all the Italian fans I think I summed everything up quite proper.

Best,

Mauro

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ya, bro, you're a real champion piling on another goal in the 90th minute at 4-0 when 100 million people know the game is over.

Its like a street fight. A guy gets his ass kicked and is laying on the ground, then a kid from the crowd comes in and punches him and then goes and tells all his friends he whupped his ass.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

We've had decades of Italian teams settling for 1-0 victories. Boring the brains out of football fans, or at least out of me. (I will admit Italy was slightly more interesting to watch this tournament.)

Blaming Spain for trying to get an even better score, I don't understand. If a player had just died on the pitch, then yes.

7. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

I'm nominating this for worst analogy of the year.

8. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Italy deserved every goal scored against them. It should have been worse.

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

In the very near past, Italy made an art to be efficient and boring...

They cannot complain about Spain going for it ..

It is football and absolutely normal Spain was trying to score as many goals as possible...

They owed it to their fans and their record books...

10. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I agree with the last three sentences.

11. romafan

romafan Senior member

Had game recorded and tried to get back to city ignorant but proved impossible. Bozo on boat reported halftime score :fu:, and then saw some happy spanish cars/ flags on the LIE. :butbut:...

sigh, nothing but transfer rumors & mls for the next 8 weeks...:cloud:

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Normally I'm on board with a lot of what you say, idfnl, but not here. It's the Euro championships - arguably harder to win than the WC. You're in the final. You're (admittedly) cruising. You don't take your foot off the gas after the second goal and willingly lock up shop. Keep playing. If the other team surrenders another goal, so be it. They earned their place in the final as well, but they're obviously not up to your caliber. Show them.

If I were an international manager and saw my players easing off the gas after 60 minutes because victory was "in the bag" you better bet they wouldn't be getting any more caps.

In other news, AVB set to be signed by Tottenham. Intriguing.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Come on dude, please look back and post where I said they should ease at 60 minutes? They should have played all the way thru, but then up 4-0, its fine to continue playing.... but....

All I said, which I am surprised such a big deal is being made of it, is that Sergio Ramos trying to pile on a goal in the 90th minute up 4-0 looks a bit unsportsmanlike. You guys can disagree, but that is how I felt when I saw it. If it was Torres I wouldn't complain, but Sergio Ramos, a central defender?? Just looks a bit stupid, that's all.

Unfortunately, I think AVB will fail at Tottenham. Its not the right club for him. I hope I am wrong because I think he's a good manager, but I immediately had my doubts when I read that.

14. Burton

Burton Senior member

Sorry, but I don't feel bad that they ran up the score should have been 8. That's a clear message to Germany and Portugal both of whom were stronger than Italy. The Germans did want to play for the title wanted it bestowed on them--how German. Ronaldo opted for glory over certainty and got neither. Spain deserved it, but as I said previously, after the German loss, this is going to be a snooze of a game. I feel bad for Pirlo. He is a class act and seemingly a true gentlemen, but Italy was never going to win this tournament.

15. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior member

Just got home from the weekend away. Entertaining posts since the game Sunday.

Firstly I have to give Spain a very genuine Congratulations on what may have been the finest performance a national side of any nation has put on in a Championship game. IMO that honour had belonged to the 1970 Brazilians but I believe Sundays Spanish side would have beaten that team as well.

I cannot say Italy were necessarily that bad but Spain focused on what it does and executed flawlessly. I do not believe any team in the world playing their best would have had a chance. That and we knew the achilles heal of this Italian team was it's back four and Chiellini and Barzagli were at their worst on the wrong day. The first goal was comical in how bad they defended.

Obviously this was the real Spain and they clicked as they looked to be "off" earlier in the tourney, especially in the semi final.

Not bitter like it was in 2000 which was a joke how the game ended...or never ended is more accurate. Though going all out for four then possibly five was out of order especially when Italy had only 10 men for the last 30 minutes - no manager would have given a shit if they packed it down after 3-0 though there was no real reason to go for that either to be honest.

Proud of what the Italians accomplished here and there is actually quite a bit to build on as many of their players are just now entering their prime years. Hopefully Criscito is not actually guilty of anything and it will be nice to get Rossi back in. Replacing Pirlo - impossible of course but who takes on that role? That is the big question going forward.

Loved the tournament this year. All the best to all on here, even the delusional English and the haters. It is what makes this so much fun - especially reading the comedian who thinks France has stronger pedigree than Italy - obviously a joke because no one can be that stupid can they?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012