Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you think he will get fired if he delivers the league* ? if i had to guess, their preferences are in continental glory with no regard for the CdR anyway so this wasn't that big of a deal aside from the psychological damage. the funniest thing was seeing the RMCF merry christmas photo shoot, no ronald and the rest were all so miserable lol

* i'm not saying they've won it, chances are barca will beat madrid in may/whenever it is making deficit 2pts and madrid have been shaky so far in 2012 not unlikely to drop points. i mean conceding to malaga and relying on callejon to bail them out is a bit ......

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

tired of discussing el clasico?

Nakamura hits free kick into a moving bus, money shot is at 1:15

hai !

[VIDEO]
    !
    [/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

3. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

You'd think it would get old beating these dirty fucking hacks in white.

And yet....

4. the shah

everybody stare at messi !!!

[​IMG]

5. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

BINGO.

Even in his "worst" game (which it wasn't) dude still manages to attract 10 dudes to him and sets up the winning goal.

I believe this was Abidal's second goal ever as a blaugrana.

6. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

What a great screenshot. Clearly onside and a perfect ball by Messi to help win the game.

Pepe is fucking horrible, as are the monkey chants that you can regularly hear in la liga which nothing has been done about.

7. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

What a soft little shit Messi is. I really hope Stoke win the Europa League and beat the fuck out of him in the Super Cup.

And the police beating the shit out of disabled Yids fans when they played a team in northern Spain a few years ago.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

That was a simple pass to an open player. So it left Messi's foot. Big deal.

The problem was Altintop's positional play all game was total shit. He made some great one on one tackles against Iniesta but made some shocking decisions otherwise. Look where he is in that screenshot, miles from where he needed to be and clueless that someone snuck behind him.

Ronaldo was also asleep in that moment but the core responsibility was with the fullback.

Also, the first goal was a piece of shit ball watch by Pepe. He let Puyol cross him from 3 yards behind and score 2 yards in front of him. Watch the replay in slow motion and you'll see Pepe stand and stare at the ball in flight. Reminds me of that shocker against Portugal when Edgar Davids let in a goal when he was leaning on the post like he was waiting for his hooker to return from a trick.

[​IMG]

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I didn't mean Mou himself, but start swapping out players. Get some similarly functioning people in there for "the system" but who don't have a Barça-monkey on their backs

Oh, so poignant a reference considering the posts above ^

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Well, if shipping players out becomes the path forward, your bro in your avatar may be among the first. Higuain and Benzema do the same thing.

I was really unimpressed with Alonso yesterday. He seems overwhelmed by the pace of the game. He's effective in slower moving matches but forget it otherwise.

Also not a big fan of Di Maria, much prefer Juan Mata. Khedira and Kaka should go.

In my opinion they have enough talent to win. Their problem against Barca is mental. Mourinho keeps putting teams out there that cant hold the ball, that needs to be his focus. They looked like a 2nd division side after 1/2 hour.

I noticed how Barca sensed the weakness and pressured Madrid all the way back to the defense. When Barca had the ball the entire game was compressed into the middle third opening up easy passes forward and back. Madrid had no outlets because they couldnt stabilize possession.

11. the shah

LOL so much hatorade being drank cheer up you old chaps

[​IMG]

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

EXCEPT HIGUAÍN CONTINUES TO SCORE SEASONS ON END - (knee jerk reaction to above)

Well, you're probably right though. I'd like to see Benzema and Higuaín stay. Kaká out, Khedeira out, Ronaldo out (yes, I said it), Carvalho & Pepe out. Alonso has the rest of the season, but then turn it firmly over to Şahin - pull a Wegner and move Alonso on right before decline. I love Lass' workrate, although someone taller would help for set pieces (thinking Yann M'Vila). Get a proper right back. Steal David Silva back from ManCity (as should have been done a year and a half ago from Valencia). I like Di Maria as an auxiliary player - he's fast, has very good control, always tracks back, does decently w/ both feet. Flops, yes, but one per team is allowed (as long as Ronaldo is gone).

Benzema - Higuaín
    Özil -Şahin - Silva
    (Lass)
    Marcelo/Coentrão - Ramos - (young up-and-coming German defender) - ?
    San Iker

Callejón impresses me more and more (game-saving goals and all). Great snag from Espanyol.

Dude! Never said I dislike Messi, that he's not good, etc. He's just playing for the wrong team... *shakes head slowly*

13. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

LOLOLOLOL. Obvious hater post is obvious.

:slayer:

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Obvious bad use of language

15. the shah

haha with that all-star squad i think it's sad that they had to rely on Callejón to save them from dropping points at the death but good for the former reject :eek:

i think i mentioned this earlier, but higuain+benzema are most prolific duo in europe, but i agree they don't belong there together since one is inevitably pushed out wide which is not a good place for either to be. M'Vila would be a monster pickup for you guys. carvalho is probably close to retiring anyway, he was out for so long before this game. pepe may get sent to rehab again soon so that would take care of that.

why kheidira and I can't believe you want cristiana out !! sami fits in well with the turkish delight in my opinion. need strong roll players so the likes of CR can get proper service and attention.

Di Maria was a huge threat when madrid did beat barca last mickey mouse cup final, with mascherano as CB, di maria + cr made blistering counter attacks and cr can jump 10X as high as that midget angry troll argentinian so naturally an cross from DiMaria would get to him. i think that was a great tactic for jose and co, don't try to play your best game but adapt to playing the best team by focusing on weaknesses.

both contrao and marcelo are useless, the latter is awful defensively.

and no way of getting silva, can't compete with dat a-rab money !!!