1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

what does jose tell his players after these barca games ? first time, second time, ok fine he can say we get em next time chicos. but 6th, 7th, ..., what can he say ? "at least we beat them that one time in the 119th minute..."

2. DLester

DLester Distinguished Member

brutal

I watched first 1/2, exciting stuff and RM up. Went to go dick around in the snow a bit (office was closed for the day), and returned to see the inevitable result.

It is hard to be the 2nd best team in the world.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

3. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Ya, where are those poasters? He outplayed Messi bigtime.

I finally understand why he doesnt do well against Barca now, he's always starved of the ball. 30% possession divided among 11 players? Never gets a touch, especially in dangerous positions.

Mourinho gets closer and closer but the same problems existed here as the last game. Madrid come out firing for the first 15 mins but then start easing off. The midfield of Barca starts the ticky tacky passing and then it starts to go sideways.

Madrid also cant hold the ball. Pass amongst the fucking defenders once and a while. Let Alonso and Diarra get a touch and play it back. Poke and prod a bit. They are too focused on getting it up field. The best way to beat Barca is to starve THEM of the ball. When they dont get 70% possession they dont get chances. No chances, no goals.

Mourinho is right to deny them the ability to play out the back, it definitely works. But the team has to maintain pressure after 15 mins, otherwise they're on their heels the entire game.

BTW, 2nd half was a piece of shit foulfest.

4. the shah

game was dirty, but that sociopath Pepe who has added a perfect dive to his repetoire is out of control. That stomp was :eek:

then add to that the monkey shoving messi's head for no reason.

carvalho could have seen straight red...

I wouldn't say CR played outplayed messi bigtime. the shot was a routine save for a normal top keeper, pinto is better as a farm animal than a keeper. it went right next to him for goodness sake.
    after that ronnie did little. he was stuck on that side, alves did a decent job along with some help (tho alves did get owned once or twice by sheer speed)

and it was messi who drew the contingent of 5+ players only to flick it over perfectly to a wide open abidal for a cancer-free poke into the back of net :slayer:

no di maria = little creativity on wings. yeah higuain+benz are best scoring duo in europe (i think they are highest pair) it doesn't mean they play well together. madrid lost that blistering counter they could otherwise have exploited old man and the sea in the back as alves pique and abidal and went marauding forward.

also, lass looks like the most annoying player to be up against, like a little chihuahua nipping at ankles all day. i still like him better than that psycho pepe who is otherwise not fit for society.

5. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior Member

I don't want to start that argument again, but Real Madrid's defense was working really hard to keep Messi quiet, quiet for Messi being not scoring two or three goals (lawl.)

Example - can't remember the details but midway through the second half Messi was on the break and rather than risking letting him do some magic, Callejon brings him down from behind quite deliberately. Whats a yellow card against a goal? I think oftentimes a defense's' focus on Messi creates space or chances for other players.

6. the shah

hopefully those useless madrid fans will stop booing ronald at home now. he gave them what they wanted, a good performance vs barca including a goal. not his fault rest of his team is filled with a crew from insane asylum.

7. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior Member

Madrid's sinisterness was notably decreased by the absence of Marcelo, though Pepe is as bad or worse.

8. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

I'd have to concur with you assessment. They did close him down, which goes to show you that even the best cant perform when they are denied an ability to work.

Diarra was superb, dont know what he was substituted for. Mourinho made a mistake there. In fact, if he was in the game to control Messi, no pass to Abidal.

Madrid's central midfield cant hold the ball and they dont effectively transition out wide and back to center with any purpose. It seems as if its a one trick show and if that doesnt come off then its back to 3 mins of Barca with the ball until they get another shot at getting lucky. Its a bit skill-less from a team which shows great skill against everyone else.

Ronaldo took a great goal. Shot thru the keepers legs with great skill and composure. Dont know how anyone can blame the keeper. That ball was traveling. I smell haters. Ronaldo played very well when he could. Even tracked back and had a few tackles. It made a difference in closing down the wings.

Coentrao was a beast in defense. One of the best full backs I have ever seen.

9. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Relax bro, it wasnt that bad. But I do agree, Madrid cant keep composure against Barcelona. They undo themselves. 2nd half was an unwatchable Italian 3rd Division relegation battle. Madrid's fault.

But for fucks sake, someone break Busquete's leg. Show that bitch what a real injury feels like. Why the football community doesn't work him over until he stops being a bitch I dont know.

10. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior Member

The karate kick he took in the chest from Nigel de Jong in '10 still pains him. :rotflmao:

Edit: whoops, that was Xavi Alonso. Still funny though

[​IMG]

11. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Was about to correct you, but...

I watched that game at the Dutch embassy here in DC, what a shit match. Robben flubbed it.

12. the shah

so a hand stomp here and a head shove there ...

[VIDEO]![/VIDEO]

but last one, 1:45 and on, carvalho looks to be aiming for knee and could easily have been straight red === if that leg was planted there would have gone the acl no doubt :eek:

13. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Big deal. So what. It ended up hurting Madrid anyway. They lost focus on the game.

14. the shah

:rolleyes:

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

I really like Madrid's team make-up. I think Mourinho has crafted a very good team, but I am getting so sick of rolling over to Barça. If no headway is made by the end of this season, it's time to start swapping some people.