Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

really, you can't believe it ? i was surprised they even got one, given the history of screwing up whenever handed such opportunities on silver plate

#WengerOutNow #NoMoreWengeritis

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Only because we're not now going on year three of the same crap....

Well, kind of...

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Tevez is an idiot. Never happy anywhere. Agent is crooked. Anyone bidding for him is lost in space.

4. DLester

DLester Senior member

if Chelsea finish outside the top 4 :uhoh:

Chelsea don't deserve the top 4 at the moment. Lucky for them, neither to Arse and Liverpool.

I am really impressed with Spurs. In the end I want them to fail, because it is good for Chelsea. But it is hard to hate them when they are finally breaking into the top 4 and look to have staying power. And I enjoy watching them play. I can't say that about my own team some days :(

5. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior member

I guess the allure of Tevez is that if you get him and get him to focus on his game, he's a formidable talent.

I know. I'd really kind of like to see Tottenham finish #3 just to shake things up. But if they have any injury trouble, I'm not sure they have the depth to overcome it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

6. El Argentino

This for sure. Their starting XI have some punch, but beyond that it gets frail.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

He's never going to be that. The guy is a screw up. Its in his personality. If he didnt have some f-ball talent he'd be a street hustler. He's a waste of time for large clubs. In retrospect, his best work was for West Ham.

8. El Argentino

? Winning that Champions league in a trident w/ CR7 & Rooney?

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

So then why did he want out of Old Trafford?

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

because he is a pain in the ass

11. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I'll be at the pub watching the game against Fulham in the new year. I guess I shouldn't have my hopes up because Dempsey will likely score.

Regardless of Chelsea's place in the table, Villas-Boas was screwed when he accepted that poison chalice known as manager of Chelsea.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Exactly.

What I find funny about the football world is how attached a club gets to the idea that a certain player is the ONLY one that could ever work. Its so stupid.

Look at Fernando Torres. 50m pounds? He's scored, what, 7 goals for Chelsea across 2 seasons - and they bought him knowing he was in bad form? 7 goals man, Ivan Klasnic at Bolton has already scored 7 this season - a guy with kidney transplant. Fucking Yakubu has 10 goals.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

AVB has the Jan transfer window to make some moves to sort the team out. If results don't improve he might be out in the summer.

First action needs to be getting Gary Cahill in. That defense is leaking goals. Chelsea should have bought Scott Parker (so should've Arsenal).

He needs to move the dead weight but that might have to happen in the summer. Mikel, Alex, Kalou, Malouda have to go. Personally, I'd sell Lampard to really stamp myself on the team.

14. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior member

Speaking of winter transfers, I'm most interested to see what Arsenal and Tottenham do. Does Tottenham have the money to bolster their lineup? I'd like to see them impose themselves on the league and be able to challenge the big five year in and year out.

Arsenal needs to spend too. There have been rumors about Podolski, and I'd like to see that - he's always been fun to watch in his performances with the German national side. What do you guys think about bringing Henry in on loan? I'm not sure how much good it would really do except perhaps for morale.

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief