1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior Member

Agreed. Ship him off to Spain or Italy and he'll be okay. I'd say he'd be a nice signing for someone like Athletico Madrid (they could use his services at the current juncture) or Valencia.

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

Missed this "match for poverty" but just the star power looks amazing. This is a boot spot from the game, including the likes of Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, McManaman, and others. Would've been entertaining to watch.

I could see this happening if Atleti cash in on Reyes moving to Turkey. Might be interesting to lure the former star back home.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

3. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Distinguished Member

Carlitos truly missing being in england...

4. El Argentino

Not that I'm sympathizing with Barça, and not like they don't have enough replacement parts,

but David Villa breaking his leg like that really sucks. He might not be heading to the Euro's now, depending how fast he can bounce back.

5. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior Member

They really dont; with Affelay and Villa on long term injuries, it only leaves Barca with 3 natural attackers (Messi, Pedro, Sanchez). Cuenca is a decent filler but I cant count on him during money time (yet), Plus Sanchez picks up injuries quite often and Pedro only recently returned from an injury as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Barca buys/loans someone in January.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

either cesc or iniesta can play up top in either flank, this has been done before quite a bit...

7. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior Member

It was done, and could be done, but its not ideal. Iniesta is a genius that needs to be in the mid controlling the pace of the game; he is the worlds best in changing speeds and he is the main reason Xavi is so successful at dictating Barca's tempo. Andres is wasted in the wing. Cesc is the same. I forget which game he plaid in the wing but he was almost non existent. Cesc is best when hes coming from behind, and I can see him playing in the "Messi" role in 4-2-3-1 with Messi going to play up front. With Barca's endless mid game positron swaps its difficult to say who plays where, and many players can fit into the groove (even Adriano and Maxwell can play wingers, but that's not something any Barca fan wants to see), so losing their striker is a big blow.

8. embowafa

embowafa Distinguished Member

Dude's been off this year....I was hoping he could catch some good form at the CWC...now this :(

Anims Guaje!

9. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior Member

Donovan back to Everton on loan. Glad to see this - I hope he does well.

10. El Argentino

Nice. I saw his tweet about "Once a toffee, always a toffee," (or some bs like that) and was wondering if a deal had been reached.

Doesn't matter though. Dempsey is still the best player America has.

Anyone else read the statements by Tevez that he's "tired" of travelling and won't be leaving Argentina? He's dead set on playing for Boca Juniors in their Libertadores campaign even if he "loses some money."

11. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior Member

You're right - I'm a big fan of Dempsey, but I like Donovan too, even if he doesn't provide the source of pride that Dempsey's performance in the EPL gives me. There will be more like them in the future!

Re Tevez - I don't think money is too much of a worry for him at this point. I bet Man City regret that like no other.

12. El Argentino

Has Tevez earned enough in his two or three years there to perhaps self-finance the buyout clause of his contract?I know his earnings were some insane figure like 300,000 each week.

13. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior Member

I guess we'll see soon. That figure sounds about right - a year or so ago I read John Terry's salary was something like £300-350k a week, so I wouldn't be suprised if Tevez's situation was similar - I mean when he's on and motivated, he's worth that kind of money to the clubs that can pay it.

14. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior Member

I highly doubt Terry's salary is 300k a week.

15. BDC2823

BDC2823 Distinguished Member

http://www.therichest.org/celebnetworth/athletes/footballer/john-terry-net-worth/

160,000 pounds a week = approx $250k today. However that would have been about $320k in 2008.

So no, he's nowhere near 300 pounds a week in straight salary.