• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ It was the Dutch coach that got them so far. Okay, enough from me for now.
Ah, so it was Hiddink and Verbeek who paid off Byron Moreno and Gamal Al-Ghandour? :)
Just wait until Russia, amico...
You think it will be bad there?
When did you change your avatar to Higuain? Good one! Sadly, there is no current player I could choose as an avatar, since the requirements would be the same as yours for El Pipita: club and nat. team star. In fact, of the recent squad, my choices would have to be either Emiliano Viviano, Andrea Ranocchia, Thiago Motta or Giampaolo Pazzini. That's it, and none are regular call-ups. :facepalm:

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could always use Cassano... :devil:

I think I changed it a few weeks ago - pre-hat-trick spree. Yeah, he and Fernando Gago were my first madridistas.

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You could always use Cassano... :devil:
I do love Cassano, but AC Milan...:censored: Therefore, this video is for you: :devil: [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
I guess I could always go to one of my all-time favorites, Spillo.... [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seattle Sounders had over 64,000 in attendance for a regular season MLS game this past Saturday.

I understand that this was the 4th largest attendance in the world this weekend (after the usual suspects Barca, RM, and Bayern M).

:slayer:

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
Yeah they're all over. I'd stay away if you aren't willing to defend yourself and have bottle of piss chucked at you and don't go around on your own or you'll be picked off.

I'll avoid wearing a Stone Island jumper and go with a group.

Firms and the lot have always intrigued me. Not from some "I saw a movie about it" thing but ideologically more so. U.S. sport doesn't real have an equivalent. Just isolated incidents of bone heads fighting for their team. I can understand some of the elements of it, but it is a very interesting wrinkle of football culture that I may never fully understand.

Lots of stuff here. The round up of sorts. Evra is claiming Suarez is a racist. Van Persie has a foot waaaaay out the door imho. He's carrying all hell out of that team.

Martin Samuel says this too:

“Tottenham Hotspur have come and gone and Newcastle United remain intact, in fourth place. There was no come-uppance, no unfortunate day of reckoning. Tottenham took the lead, twice, and Newcastle returned fire. They could have won the game near the end. Few believe it can last, probably not even Pardew deep down, yet this is no time for self-doubt. If Newcastle were aiming for the top three, that would be different. They are as far removed from the might of Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea as Mike Ashley is from a lead role in Geordie Shore. Yet, fourth place is not like that. Not this season, anyway. Fourth place is for the wannabes, for the nearly men, for the not quites, for the over-achievers. Fourth place is up for grabs, with everyone from Liverpool to Stoke in the mix.”

Sadly, I agree with him. That Spurs back four clips our wings every match day. And King picked up yet another knock
facepalm.gif

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll avoid wearing a Stone Island jumper and go with a group.

Firms and the lot have always intrigued me. Not from some "I saw a movie about it" thing but ideologically more so. U.S. sport doesn't real have an equivalent. Just isolated incidents of bone heads fighting for their team. I can understand some of the elements of it, but it is a very interesting wrinkle of football culture that I may never fully understand.
They won't intrigue you when you get your head kicked in :facepalm: Spurs are one of the worst in the Prem for it, avoid games against Stoke, Wolves (all games against these two), Arsenal (not that you'd get a ticket and I think they've already played them at WHL), Chelsea, probably Villa and maybe the Geordies and Mackems as well. If you want to avoid trouble at a home match wear a shirt, away fans are so tightly regulated they don't tend to cause trouble and around the ground you'll be fine. If you go to an away game don't wear colours but keep your head down unless its at Fulham, Wigan, Norwich, Man U where it should be safe to wear colours. The Yids seem to have a thing about a lot of clubs and apparently their ground isn't the best for avoiding trouble.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Lol. Emile Heskey tribute video.

Last edited:

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
They won't intrigue you when you get your head kicked in
facepalm.gif
By intrigued I meant something I don't fully understand (and thus would like to gain more knowledge of). I'm not an anthropologist. I'm not trying to go roving on the backstreets of London to write some academic study. It's not a fascination of mines, I just want to know more about it.

With that being said, thanks for the information. Funny you say avoid Wolves. That's the only game I would be able to attend at the Lane
cry.gif
The only other is West Brom but that is the day my flight rolls in so chances of getting there are slim.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Vermaelen signed an extension with Arsenal, van Persie holding off (don't really blame him, best to wait and see how we finish). Hopefully we're back on our feet, wonder how we'll fair against Olympique Marseilles with so many starters missing the match

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
Vermaelen signed an extension with Arsenal, van Persie holding off (don't really blame him, best to wait and see how we finish). Hopefully we're back on our feet, wonder how we'll fair against Olympique Marseilles with so many starters missing the match

Do you honestly think RVP will be in a Gunner's shirt next year wherever you finish in the table (Assuming it's not in the top four. And that is a very realistic assumption)? The only way that happens is if you guys win UEFA CL.

I don't even think VDV is going to be in a Spurs shirt at the end of the winter window and I'd bet a lot on VP hightailing it away from North London. Not saying in the winter but next year he's not going to be a Gunner. Call it a Dutch exodus from North London lol

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
I agree
Will Modric be moving as well during the winter window?

All signs point to it. Read an article about a week ago where sources close to him (whatever that means these days) say Modric is still unhappy. My roommate and I are both Spurs fans and he is painting Modric as a money hungry dissenter. I say it isn't beyond reason that he just wants to play somewhere else. As much as Spurs try to make themselves seem as big as Pool, City, Utd, etc. the truth is that we're not there yet. We're still on the rise. Modric realizes this, he's done his part, he wants to move on. No love lost, just let the lad leave.

"Cash in on him and VDV and go on a spending spree Harry" is how I feel. We need to strengthen that back 4 bad and with the 80 or so mil that VDV and Modric will net us, we can replace them both with world class players and sign some new CBs. Plus don't forget the Crouch, Hutton, Palacios etc cash we still have hanging around somewhere.

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you honestly think RVP will be in a Gunner's shirt next year wherever you finish in the table (Assuming it's not in the top four. And that is a very realistic assumption)? The only way that happens is if you guys win UEFA CL.

I don't even think VDV is going to be in a Spurs shirt at the end of the winter window and I'd bet a lot on VP hightailing it away from North London. Not saying in the winter but next year he's not going to be a Gunner. Call it a Dutch exodus from North London lol
I think there's a higher chance of him staying than you're giving him credit for. We're holding our own in the CL (surprisingly, even during the horrible PL start) and we got a lucky draw that will guarantee us passage to the next stage. Also, Wenger (or, sad to say, his replacement) could still show a little backbone and keep him 'til the end of his contract. Hopefully we won't see him in Manchester

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads